Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
So...How's your pesach hotel going???
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 3:32 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Ah we have a 3rd person here admiring an anonymous poster who condemns another anonymous poster for posting anonymously! Is this really the level of the Emas here?

Sorry we aren’t all on ur level Rolling Eyes

ectomorph

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 3:54 pm
Should I now post anonymously about how I'm so much braver than all the anonymous posters. Or that goes without saying.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:00 pm
Don't read this post if you are in a hotel.

Back to kashrus, some fundamental misunderstandings going on here.

Kosher is not black and white. some people only eat particular hechsherim others do not eat anything that they didn't cook themselves

Kashrut organizations provide a minimum standard. If something has an OU you can assume it is not milk and meat and doesn't have pig and follows the basic laws. That does not mean it is perfectly kosher for everyone. Maybe you keep yoshon and it isn't yoshon.

But if a roach falls in the soup at home, and we are not terribly impoverished, we would not want to eat the soup. In a restaurant or hotel, they fish out the roach and serve the soup. This is halachically correct and fine. Most of us don't care to think about it.

I personally avoid eating out unless I personally know the mashgiach and situation in the store. Mind you, this is not particularly hard for me as I live oot and when I go to N.Y. I get recommendation from my family member who works in the field. I anyways prefer to make my food from scratch and minimize store bought products.

Last edited by ectomorph on Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Zehava

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:02 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Ah we have a 3rd person here admiring an anonymous poster who condemns another anonymous poster for posting anonymously! Is this really the level of the Emas here?

Chad gadya chad gadya

Mayflower

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:03 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:

Posting as amother does not make one anonymous. Just sayin'.

ectomorph

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:10 pm
What is the difference between kashrut organizations? The reputable ones have clear systems and oversight in place. Less reputable ones often struggle to keep consistent oversight and aren't open and transparent about how they do things. Some differ based on customs of a group, like chabad vs ou vs a chassidish hechsher.

The best packaged food has multiple hechsherim. That means multiple eyes and less chance of something getting through.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:37 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Amazingly enough this was posted from someone posting anonymously! You can’t make this up. Oh, and to quote her again, “Twisted Evil

I’m only anonymous because I posted my current location, sweetheart.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:39 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
You should be worried about rabanut meat and no shumura matzah.

Are you my rabbi? Thank you so much for your spiritual advice.

(Now get off imamother it’s for females only)

dankbar

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 10:31 pm
She herself is anxious & worried enough as she posted why do you have to add to her anxiety? She is following daas Torah so are you smarter than the rabbis that advised her?

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 10:53 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Really, and what does he do if he keeps chalav yisrael and is certifying a chalav stam? Does he refuse the job? Doesn't sound like he would be called on to be a mashgiach very often.

Obviously you’re not so knowledgeable about how hashgacha agencies work. Yes most hashgachas (The reliable ones anyway) have certain standards and rules and don’t accept any establishment that doesn’t comply, and yes the ones I know will nit accept a place that doesn’t keep cholov yisroel and won’t certify any establishment or food that they themselves don’t eat. Period,

amother
Azure

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 10:55 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
I’m only anonymous because.....

Then logic would dictate that criticizing someone else who’s anonymous makes you....(fill in the blank)

ectomorph

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 11:13 pm
amother [ Azure ] wrote:
Obviously you’re not so knowledgeable about how hashgacha agencies work. Yes most hashgachas (The reliable ones anyway) have certain standards and rules and don’t accept any establishment that doesn’t comply, and yes the ones I know will nit accept a place that doesn’t keep cholov yisroel and won’t certify any establishment or food that they themselves don’t eat. Period,

Since you're amother, do you mind telling me which those are? (that require their places to be kosher enough that all mashgichim will eat there)

I'll answer this question. None
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics