Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Working-on-chol-hamoed support group
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 11:42 am
Welcome to the official support group for women who are working on chol hamoed. Make yourself at home. All vents are welcome.
I am losing my mind seeing all the pix of Orlando on my family chat while I am stuck in the cold, sad office from 9-5 and my baby has fever.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 11:44 am
Only hugs for you. Refua shelayma to baby. Iyh in the future you will be able to enjoy chol hamoed as you wish.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 11:54 am
I'm more annoyed that my poor kids have nothing to do. Both me and dh are working and they're with a sitter. Unfortunately, there are no local activities within walking distance and the sitter doesn't drive. So my kids are basically doing nothing except going to the park and watching TV or playing video games. I wanted to take at least one day off to do something cool with them, but I'm the newest employee here, so everyone else who wanted to take off this week got priority. My boss did promise that I can take a day during chol hamoed sukkot, so that's something to look forward to.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 12:03 pm
I remember those days! We'd surprise the kids at night with a pesach bbq or water slide or water balloon fight in the back yard, or a short evening trip when we got home from work. We lived in the city, so sitter got kids ready and we did a walk/ bike along the boardwalk/ over a bridge.
You just need to do it one day. If it's totally unexpected, it has the most impact.
Does your area have an observation point, like in Boston, nyc, Chicago, Toronto? That's a great surprise night activity.
You are a rock in mom, and hatzlacja at your job. May they hire someone new before Sukkos!

lora

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 12:30 pm
I guess I cant complain cause I only work the first day and the last day/ erev second days. plus I only have a one year old. but I felt so bad for hubby yesterday sitting home in the rain with my bored little girl. I made sure to put up a special crock pot dinner though.

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 12:34 pm
I'm working every day this week besides erev yt. No kids but my hubby is dead bored. Bh today he is going out with his siblings...but it's a boring week.
I wish we could have some time to go away together. Will have to schedule something fun for Thursday.

saw50st8

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 12:38 pm
I'm working but I don't find it to be a big deal. I'm thankful my mother can watch them and take them on low key outings.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:04 pm
Thank goodness for the aunts and grandmothers pitching in to take my kids with on trips. It takes a village.

avi

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:11 pm
It’s very hard. My husband is home with the kids since I can’t take off work this week. He doing trips with them. But I do feel bad missing out on it and hearing about everyone’s outings

amother
White

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 1:23 pm
Unfortunately I’m too used to working on chol hamoed for both Succos and Pesach. I’m just happy I was able to travel to my family for the first days. What I’m more concerned about is the fear that I might accidentally eat chometz since I’m surrounded by it at the school I work at and it’s not uncommon to share/take chocolate with my coworkers or to find a surprise kosher snack in my mailbox from someone. It’s hard to remember it’s Pesach even though I’m eating my Pesachdik food. Can anyone relate to that?

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 4:06 pm
thats me!

Chloe22

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 6:00 pm
I'm working chol hamoed. Kids are adults, so that's not an issue. Don't like seeing pictures of Passover hotels, including meals, activities, etc. Not exactly a week of rest and relaxation. Going home to do more grocery shopping

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 6:31 pm
We also do the night activity thing!

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 6:32 pm
I worked erev yt and over chol hamoed. It is what it is.

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 6:38 pm
I would be working and DH as well if not for the fact that we made a Cheshbon to go away to ILs this year, but I totally feel y'all! It's tough to see everyone else around you enjoying Chol HaMoed and you sitting at work and by extension your kids sitting at home!

watergirl

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 6:54 pm
Another full time working mom here. Ugh its the worst.

amother
Crimson

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:23 pm
Super frustrating to speak with other families. All the talk is about trips they took, places they went to... Luckily I have relatives who took the kids to the park and similar smaller activities so my kids arent too bored. But I miss out and feel bad I cant be with them! I took off tomorrow but my boss today made it sound like I almost had to come in tomorrow. Luckily that got sorted out as I was able to complete the project. I rarely take off time...
I feel like I need support for working so thanks for starting this thread! I have to work as my husband is unemployed...

esuss

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:34 pm
I also had to work a few days this week. I did have today off so was able to take kids on a fun trip. Just remember that no matter where anyone went today it was packed with chol hamoed people and Spring break for public schools. Take a trip with family on another day that activities won't be so crowded. You will enjoy it more.

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 8:12 pm
esuss wrote:
I also had to work a few days this week. I did have today off so was able to take kids on a fun trip. Just remember that no matter where anyone went today it was packed with chol hamoed people and Spring break for public schools. Take a trip with family on another day that activities won't be so crowded. You will enjoy it more.

That depends where you live. The attraction that my family went to today was pretty empty.

samantha87

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 8:57 pm
I'm there with you. It's amusing to see who had matzo on their desk and who is eating pizza.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics