Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Applesauce recipe

chocolatecake

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 2:06 pm
I want to make homemade applesauce. I understand there is no recipe. How much of my apple and berry mixture should be covered in water, half, third? And how do I know when it’s ready. Also, I like it with some sauce and a nice amount of fruit chunks. How do I get my desired consistency?

happy mommy6

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 6:08 pm
I putsmall amount of water. Maybe one cup per huge pot of apples. Just peel and cut apples. Put in pot, and put on low flame, and keep watching. When soft. I blend with immersion blender. Yummy!

exhausted

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 7:58 pm
I started doing it in the oven this year. I just put chopped fruit in a pan, no water, cover and bake for a while. I find it so much easier than in a pot, it doesn't burn. Just be careful not to full the pan to the top as it will spill over.

thanks

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 9:19 pm
A little water to cover the bottom of the pan. We like it chunky. I cook it until soft. It's great in a presuure cooker.

dee's mommy

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 10:37 pm
This is the recipe I do. It's really easy. I often leave out the cinnamon so that I can use it for baking. I can always put cinnamon in later before eating.

https://elanaspantry.com/how-t.....auce/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics