Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Unexpected family simcha TOMORROW... Quick Pesach desserts?

mp5

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 1:42 am
A last-minute change of circumstances are causing a sibling of mine to change the date of her son's Bar Mitzvah to... tomorrow.
I really want to pitch in to make a nice event. I know how to make fancy cakes and stuff but A. I don't have a Pesach oven this year and B. Time is of essence, I don't just mean by the one-day notice but also I have to work today and C. The ingredients which we would use for Pesach in my area are limited.

I really want to help out and make something fancy for the Bar Mitzvah boy, the rest of the family will help but they don't usually make the 'special' stuff.
So it needs to be quick, no baking required and have a nice, 'simcha table' look.

I was thinking of making mousse, or layered different colored frostings or similar in little cups, and any other ideas would be very welcome!

Chag Kasher Ve'Sameach!

Rappel

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 1:45 am
Meringue and mousse are always crowd favourites.

krembo

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 3:17 am
Fruit skewers?
Layered fruit salad in a trifle bowl?

dankbar

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 4:12 am
Maybe something with melted Choco into molds?
Sorbet/ice pops? Ice cream?
Snow kisses?
Fruit platter? Fruit carving? Ice sculpting?

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 8:51 am
Chocolate bark

aricelli

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 8:54 am
Choc barks a great idea! (Thanks ra-mom) I did it and want to do it second days again: fruit skewer with either drizzle of raspberry syrup or raspberry syrup for dipping sauce in a tear shaped mini plate and near that some choc bark.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 9:05 am
Chocolate covered strawberries (half dipped).

Cookiegirl

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 12:27 pm
Buy containers of different sorbets (or make from mango, berries, juice etc.). Let them defrost. Pour first flavor into muffin tins or into a loaf pan (or pans) and freeze. If you use processed products, you can whip dessert topping for the next layer- pour in, smooth out and freeze- or just use another sorbet. Then do a different flavor sorbet as the top layer. You can also make a sauce to decorate the plate, or pour over...

shoshiesavannah

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 12:43 pm
These were a hit this year but I had trouble making them pretty- they don’t cut so well. But delish!

https://www.justapinch.com/rec.....?r=22

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 1:56 pm
Make ice cubes in a tray. Add a stick into each cube and freeze. Once frozen, dip each cube into melted chocolate, only covering the sides. After a min you should be able to remove the ice from the chocolate. Fill with crushed cake and top with creame/icing....

For larger cups you can use cupcake pans to make the ice cubes.

aricelli

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 2:12 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Make ice cubes in a tray. Add a stick into each cube and freeze. Once frozen, dip each cube into melted chocolate, only covering the sides. After a min you should be able to remove the ice from the chocolate. Fill with crushed cake and top with creame/icing....

For larger cups you can use cupcake pans to make the ice cubes.

Wow!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics