Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
How sad is it?
Previous  1  2

momsrus

Post Tue, Apr 23 2019, 11:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
That for most of us we can't wait for yomtov to be over? Whether it's the enormous prep, cooking, cleaning, expense, kids home, guests- I've had enough. Yomtov is supposed to be beautiful. Is there anyone that this coming shabbos afternoon will be thinking, I really wish pesach was an extra day or 2 this year?

Op, is there a reason you feel this way?

Think about what bothers you. Maybe you can change this.

amother
Tangerine

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 2:58 am
Every Yom Tov is a highlighter as to what I'm missing in life, and pesach even more so.... routine is sometimes easier

Emotional

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 9:27 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
Every Yom Tov is a highlighter as to what I'm missing in life, and pesach even more so.... routine is sometimes easier

This is essentially what I said earlier.

Israeli_C

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 9:30 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I just wish it was one day of yom tov, as it would be with the Bhmkdsh (or if I lived in E"Y )

I only remembered that it's two days outside of Israel recently.
I've no idea how you do it Surprised

groisamomma

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 9:59 am
No! I'm loving Pesach! This is the first year I'm not working and my kids are enjoying every minute, even the sleeping late and crazy off-schedule things! I love seeing my ds all day and spending so much time around him. He's usually in yeshiva morning to night.

Going back to routine will be great for my diet but I'd rather have more Pesach than be fit.

momsrus

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 10:02 am
Israeli_C wrote:
I only remembered that it's two days outside of Israel recently.
I've no idea how you do it Surprised

You will see this year how we do it.

Shabbos follows pesach for you this year. You have to hold just like us.

imasoftov

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 11:55 am
momsrus wrote:

We (in Israel) serve kitniot when Isru Chag is Shabbat.

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 12:41 pm
One thing that I’m finding hard (aside for all the cleaning and constantly cooking) is figuring out where to take my kids on an outing. I have a 5 year old up to 14 year old. I’m feeling frustrated that I can’t seem to make everyone happy. It’s either the younger ones or older ones.. or something the boys want to do but not the girls...
Since the outings didn’t work out too well the other days, we are currently sitting at home and every few minutes my kids are complaining how bored they are.... if I suggest a park, many start complaining. The farm, more complaints....
We did amusement park yesterday....
I’m at a loss and really just want to take a nap!

Israeli_C

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 9:39 am
momsrus wrote:
You will see this year how we do it.

Indeed, I'm feeling the pressure!!
How on earth have you been fitting all the food into your fridges for 4 meals?!
I tried convincing DH to buy some ready made kitniyot (I can't be bothered buying new utensils for cooking kitniyot) but lots of places were closed.
At least we'll stop eating matzot out of plastic bags (last year's New Chumra!)

giselle

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 9:44 am
I love Yom Tov and am not looking forward to it being over.

aricelli

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 10:43 am
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
One thing that I’m finding hard (aside for all the cleaning and constantly cooking) is figuring out where to take my kids on an outing. I have a 5 year old up to 14 year old. I’m feeling frustrated that I can’t seem to make everyone happy. It’s either the younger ones or older ones.. or something the boys want to do but not the girls...
Since the outings didn’t work out too well the other days, we are currently sitting at home and every few minutes my kids are complaining how bored they are.... if I suggest a park, many start complaining. The farm, more complaints....
We did amusement park yesterday....
I’m at a loss and really just wagnt to take a nap!

This is a challenge! Do you have a Ripleys in your neighborhood? Last year I was amazed how there was something there for each age group

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 1:45 pm
I have never wanted Pesach to end as badly as this year. Pregnant and can't find very many options that I can keep down. I am literally taking turns starving vs eating something and throwing up half an hour later. I know chametz is such a strong issur but I am having a really hard time hashkafically believing that being so sick is what Hashem wants . BH only 2 more days.

gold21

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 1:54 pm
I don't enjoy the added pressure & stress that Pesach brings, and I wish that frum life wasn't tied in with stress & pressure. But it is. It's a package deal. It has beautiful things as well.

I enjoy Pesach anyway.

EishesYo

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 2:01 pm
I don’t make Pesach yet but I make all other Yom I’m tovim and I am always sad when it’s over

I get sad when shabbos is over

I enjoy shabbos and Yom Tov and I think working hard and preparing makes it rewarding in addition to nice!!!

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 4:34 pm
I am so envious of u ladies who love it more than hate it.

I don’t know about you guys but my husband worked all week. So after hosting for the first days. I had chol hamoed to try to entertain my 5 kids. Where all day kids at different times wanted food. I was a cook all day long. And ofcourse hosting a meal last days. So I had to meal prep shop and cook and bake. We even got take out for 2 meals. And Believe me I do nothing fancy. But I still felt like a slave most of the time. Additionally there is Regular cleaning and laundry Yes kids help but it’s not enough. I just don’t feel at all like I had a minute to myself and now it’s back to work next week and I am so worn out I don’t know how to go into these last days anything but resentful.

So I am in awe and totally envious of anyone who actually enjoys this while at home and hosting.

ILOVELIFE

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 6:14 pm
I host a large number of guest and I cook much from scratch and my kids know that my absolute favorite YT is Pesach!

I love that we have much of our extended family over. I love the special foods. I love the Sedarim.

I won’t deny it’s work but yes come Shabbos I will be thinking oh come on — I wish we could have one more day...

Metukah

Post Sat, Apr 27 2019, 10:14 pm
I love every minute of pesach and come motze pesach I feel a little depressed.

I work so hard for pesach and have such satisfaction from the results that I don't want it to end.

I usually host a lot on pesach (this year I had a baby 2 days before pesach so very little visitors for us.) and that makes it even more enjoyable.

I love pesach, I wish it weren't so short.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 2:48 am
To me, Yom Tov is a reminder of family time. Since my married kids don't come to me for yom tov, due to different reasons, it's just a painful reminder of what is missing
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics