Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Binah cholent recipe-Thursday?
Previous  1  2

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 18 2019, 10:55 am
mamaleh wrote:
Thanks! When did you put it up?

Friday afternoon. I usually do this for one week and yapsuk cholent for one week.

mamaleh

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 5:56 pm
Thanks! My DH loved this cholent!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 22 2019, 6:00 pm
Mishpacha magazine had a tip that sounds like it would work for this coming shabbos, with cholent prep a day or two in advance.
They wrote that you can put kugel batter in a mason jar as early as Wednesday with a paper towel on top before sealing and only the paper towel will turn brown but not the kugel batter. Then put up fresh Friday.

mamaleh

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 3:36 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Mishpacha magazine had a tip that sounds like it would work for this coming shabbos, with cholent prep a day or two in advance.
They wrote that you can put kugel batter in a mason jar as early as Wednesday with a paper towel on top before sealing and only the paper towel will turn brown but not the kugel batter. Then put up fresh Friday.

ra_mom thanks for putting the pieces together. I saw the tip & my DH loved this cholent but I never connected the tip to being a solution for this week. Putting the mix in a jar now Smile

ra_mom

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 4:39 pm
mamaleh wrote:
ra_mom thanks for putting the pieces together. I saw the tip & my DH loved this cholent but I never connected the tip to being a solution for this week. Putting the mix in a jar now Smile

My pleasure. I have a matching container of batter in my fridge too Cheers

mamaleh

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 1:42 am
ra_mom wrote:
My pleasure. I have a matching container of batter in my fridge too Cheers

Mine worked! Did yours?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 1:45 am
mamaleh wrote:
Mine worked! Did yours?

Yes - it was wonderful BH!

yOungM0mmy

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:25 am
I fry my kugel like a giant latke, so did that and friday afternoon cut the kugel in half, layered it all in a crockpot bag (half kugel on bottom, half on top) and stuck it into the crockpot, was perfect.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Apr 03 2023, 10:42 pm
realeez wrote:
I'm thinking to do something similar but make the kugel layer in a 9x13 pan and freeze raw and then put in crockpot On Friday.

Im not looking to buy and have to store a Mason jar.

Has anyone prepared the ingredients and froze it til before Shabbos?

If yes, how did it taste?

amother
Crocus

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 12:16 am
Last year I made the kugel batter in advance right in the slowcooker pot and put it in the fridge with a paper towel on top. I put it in raw.
On Friday morning, I put the pot onto the base of the slow cooker.
I remember that on Shabbos morning, the kugel was terrible. It was like not fully cooked. I don't know what I did wrong because it eas a year ago. But I think this year I will partially cook it on Wednesday before putting in the fridge.

amother
Cognac

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 5:02 am
amother Crocus wrote:
Last year I made the kugel batter in advance right in the slowcooker pot and put it in the fridge with a paper towel on top. I put it in raw.
On Friday morning, I put the pot onto the base of the slow cooker.
I remember that on Shabbos morning, the kugel was terrible. It was like not fully cooked. I don't know what I did wrong because it eas a year ago. But I think this year I will partially cook it on Wednesday before putting in the fridge.

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Tasted awful. Gonna cook a bit first too. And then put it up on Friday to finish cooking

Shopmiami49

Post Tue, Apr 04 2023, 10:42 am
For those who are partially cooking it before YT, are you adding the cholent layer as well or are u only partiallyncooking the kugek layer first and adding the cholent layer on friday?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics