Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
What to teach 5 year olds about sefira

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:23 pm
Usually I have a younger class so I just make a har sinai with the kids and we count daily. These kids are 5-6 and are very interested in learning more. I was thinking in addition to making a sefira chart and counting we'd do some like of project. Maybe like a challenge to do something good each day. A child friendly way of working on middos. But I dont know if I can think of enough little challenges for each day. Example: day 9- help a friend day 10-help your sibling 11- give someone a compliment 12- let someone else go first. What info should I tell them about sefira? Open to all ideas. Thank you.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:36 pm
You can have weekly themes or even themes per day of the week, so you need 7 ideas instead of 49.

dankbar

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:41 pm
Do some crafts/activities on Ahavas yisroel to strengthen what was lacking by rabbi Akivas talmidim.
You can do footprints by tracing feet/or by putting into paint & make a path with 49 prints & they have to walk on it from pesach ( mitzrayim/matzos till shavuos/torah/har sinai, thus counting to 50. Learning to count till there.
Some craft on things you cannot do on sefirah.
Also in this time you can add on new subjects/topics to teach as you have more time as parsha is not being taught as this time.
Craft for lag baomer.
You can start preparing for your end of year journal.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics