Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Best way to filter a Chromebook

smileforamile

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:44 pm
Delete

Last edited by smileforamile on Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

youngmommy24

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 1:25 am
I did mine through TAG and according to them the only one available is blocksi. It has general catagories, like shopping, games, social media etc. Never had the problems you mentioned but could be its not the same. Name is similar though which makes me think it is based on what I was told.
But, I'll follow to hear if anyone knows another company. This is not the best.

Rappel

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 1:51 am
Following

smileforamile

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 2:05 am
Delete.

Last edited by smileforamile on Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total

youngmommy24

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 2:12 am
Through TAG it was an annual fee of $60. No monthly options. And, . works Exactly how you explained . (I can tell you are great at teaching !) They claim or works very different than laptop etc.. and no one has really worked through it from traditional ones. I regret that I bought it.

motherperson

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 9:58 am
smileforamile wrote:
I have a Chromebook, on which K9 and WebChaver/Covenant Eyes don't work. I am currently using an add-on to Google Chrome called BlockSite. My husband and I each have half the password, so I can't change anything unless my husband is around. It also sends a notification to his e-mail if the add-on is uninstalled. However, it's very annoying because when I filter certain terms, it only filters them if the word is actually in the URL. As a result, I've had to be overly specific with words, and BlockSite currently blocks anything that has the word "shop" in it - so when a coworker sent an e-mail about a workshop, it was blocked. A whitelist filter doesn't work for me because I'm a teacher, and I need to look things up on many different websites.

Any techies out there with a good solution? I don't want to take my Chromebook to TAG, it's too annoying. I'd also prefer not to have to pay, since we're already paying for filtering on two phones and a laptop.

I use gentech and I love it. It’s very intuitive and opens up something that was blocked when you call and verify. I do it directly through the company and it’s like 26 a month for two devices
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics