Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Which oven are you thrilled with, or would buy?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:31 pm
Which medium priced oven are you thrilled with, or you would buy because of others being thrilled with it?

wow

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:43 pm
Are you looking for a built in electric oven, or a freestanding oven and range combo?

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 10:43 am
hatzlacha! I just saw this. I'm oven hunting too. Here are a few things to think about.
1. self cleaning. I assume you want this and you should. A lot of new ovens have a steam clean feature which is nice. You can clean your oven with this and even though it won't be good enough cylor but once it's clean you can kasher at 550 for 45 minutes so you can avoid self cleaning too often. Less wear and tear
2. I like gas top because you can use in case of a power failure. Among other reasons. And sealed burners.
3. Don't assume there's a timed oven feature if you want to time the oven to go off on Shabbos. This is separate from Shabbos mode.
4. Samsung gets high marks from Consumer's report but unfortunately it's not the cheapest. But it's also not the highest end.

mom2mysouls

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 10:48 am
Gas top
Convection ( more $$ but bakes much faster, more even )

aricelli

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 10:57 am
This is more money but I got an oven that has “two in one” so I use one for parve and one for fleishig. The fleishig is only one shelf but it works for me. This is a regular gas top only with two oven doors one on too of the other

Last edited by aricelli on Mon, Apr 29 2019, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

studying_torah

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 10:59 am
Not OP, what would you recommend to replace a double electric wall oven?

challahchallah

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 7:31 pm
I'm totally in love with this oven. I got it installed about a year ago.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/k.....23489

ETA: I couldn't get the kitchenaid link to work despite several tries, so here's the oven I have on the bestbuy site (which is where I bought it).

Last edited by challahchallah on Mon, Apr 29 2019, 9:11 pm; edited 3 times in total

wow

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 7:33 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Not OP, what would you recommend to replace a double electric wall oven?

If you care about looks - bosch double oven. If you care about size and maybe slightly better name - GE.

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 8:46 pm
Side opening or French Door oven if you are considering wall ovens. It is so convenient to be able to stand directly in front of the oven when loading or unloading. With an oven that opens at the bottom, you have to load from the side because the door blocks access from the front when down.

studying_torah

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 8:50 pm
No room for French doors, even though I love them!
Btw the kitchen aid link was for a mixer lol

amother
Seagreen

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 8:53 pm
studying_torah wrote:
No room for French doors, even though I love them!

Why wouldn't you have room for a French door oven - or a side opening oven. They are the same size as an oven that opens at the bottom?

challahchallah

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 9:13 pm
studying_torah wrote:

Sorry about that--I don't know why I couldn't get it to work! I've updated the link to a different site with the same oven. It's the kitchenaid KFDD500ESS.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 9:40 pm
Following! My oven has been limping along since I self cleaned it for pesach last year (I ended up doing all of pesach on the gas range and with a huge crockpot) and I think it’s finally given up completely.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen