Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
What recipes did you INVENT this Pesach?
Previous  1  2

mfb

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 1:16 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Every year my apple kugel fails (non gebrokts). This year I peeled and cut apples and baked them until soft. Then I mashed them and mixed with egg yolks and a little sugar and lemon juice. Beat egg whites separately and folded into the apple mixture. Came out delicious. I used 5/6 apples and 10 eggs per 9x13.

I cut carrots into fry shapes and roasted them with oil, salt and sugar, but it was missing something so I added roasted red onions - I think it was the biggest hit of anything I made. So simple, sweet and yummy.

That apple kugel sounds great! I never managed to make one the was good they all had a potato starch taste. I have to write this down for next year!

Sleepymama

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 2:50 pm
We made too much cinnamon meringue batter and didn't have enough time to bake it all before yontif. So we froze what was left and served it like ice cream on yontif. It was delicious. It had a thick creamy consistancy that was a cross between marshmallow fluff and soft serve ice cream. It was yum!

karat

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 4:16 pm
My butternut squash soup was delicious.
Sauteed squash, apple, celery root, onions.
Added sweet potato and some broth from leftover chicken soup.
Blended it all with salt and pepper.

I also discovered that I really like a squeeze of fresh lime juice with seltzer.
Refreshing and delicious.

Basya

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 8:05 pm
cbsp wrote:
I attempted to make a "magic" lemon cake. The batter (if done correctly) was supposed to separate into a crust, lemon curd-like filling and crisp top after baking and chilling.

It didn't happen as planned (IOW I messed up somewhere along the way) Surprised Sad Smile

However, I discovered that (flopped) it makes an awesome pareve (crust less) cheesecake! The texture was remiscent of a farmer cheese cheesecake (rather than a cream cheese dense NY style) and the taste was spot on. We froze the remnants for Shavuos...

Can you please provide this recipe??

frumarochel

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 9:52 pm
Vegetable Soup

I asked my husband to buy an inexpensive blender this year. We got one with few speeds and features.

I thinly sliced carrots, onions, potato and zucchini. Cooked them in salted water with some garlic powder. I cooled the mixture slightly and pureed less than half of it. This gave some body to the soup.

Moselle

Post Fri, Mar 19 2021, 7:36 am
Looking for recipes for Pesach, I stumbled on this thread.
Three Pesachs ago, while following a recipe for biscuits, I made a mistake and had to scrap the original idea, but was reluctant to throw out what I'd already mixed, so I just added things using experience and imagination!
Funnily enough the result was a big hit, and after I was asked for the "amazing" recipe (which is ridiculously simple and basic) I then had to try and remember exactly what I did!
Anyway, since then I (and many others....) have made them every year.
(It uses matza meal, so it won't be suitable for everyone).

The cups are plastic cups of 180 ml

2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup oil
1 cup matza meal (preferably cake matza meal)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups ground almonds
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Beat the eggs with the sugar, add the oil and the rest of the ingredients, form into biscuits and bake in a moderate oven until done.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics