Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Stop complaining and just stay home
Previous  1  2

amother
Indigo

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 4:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
This is true, but I see just as many letters for. The parents complaining that it’s too hard to host.

Our parents love spending pesach with us. But it’s also a ton of work for them and I totally understand that it’s hard.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 5:03 pm
me.alu wrote:
What about those of us who stay home and have the parents/in laws/siblings come to us??

Yup. Turned yom tov into a nightmare for me.

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 5:08 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Obviously the people complaining it's hard to host aren't the ones insisting the kids must come!

You'd be surprised.
My mom would play the "woe is me" victim for years if we didn't come to her, and was also the "woe is me" victim when we did come, because of all the work.
Now she comes to me, and plays the "woe is me" victim that she has to shlep to my house (a ten-minute drive) and that every detail hasn't been arranged exactly to her liking (I really tried my best).

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 5:12 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
You'd be surprised.
My mom would play the "woe is me" victim for years if we didn't come to her, and was also the "woe is me" victim when we did come, because of all the work.
Now she comes to me, and plays the "woe is me" victim that she has to shlep to my house (a ten-minute drive) and that every detail hasn't been arranged exactly to her liking (I really my best).

are you my sister? this is exactly the story I tell. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 6:08 pm
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
are you my sister? this is exactly the story I tell. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

It could be I am, but our parents almost never go to you for yom tov, only to me because I have more space.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 7:16 pm
I drove 12 hours to go to my parents for Yom Tov. My family of five is staying in one bedroom. I was planning on making pesach at home but my mother was very insulted. We have no family nearby so if we don’t go for Yom Tov my kids won’t see their cousins and I won’t see my sibilings. It’s not easy and yes I complain but it is also nice. My kids are making memories and my parents are really enjoying the grandkids.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 7:25 pm
We stayed home this year and it's great. We spent some of chol hamoed with family, coming home each day to our own beds.
I feel bad for my parents.. because of many mistakes they made all the years... nobody likes going to them and they were alone aside for one meal one sib went there.

littleprincess

Post Wed, Apr 24 2019, 11:38 pm
We stayed home for sukkos . My mother has been begging me every day since then to come for pessach . If we don't come they're on their own . I do have other siblings living near them but some go to their in laws and an another one hosts his in laws

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Apr 25 2019, 4:47 am
I know people who complain about hosting but wouldn't really want any other way. I know people who complain about going to their parents/in law's but wouldn't really want it any other way. I know people who stay home and have a wonderful time, don't complain, and wouldn't want it any other way Smile

Truthfully, no situation is perfect and unless one wears rose colored classes, there is usually something to complain about. That doesn't mean that in the larger picture, things were mostly beautiful and rewarding. It doesn't mean that the hard work isn't worth the results.
The trick is that whether hosting or being hosted, focus on the positives (and if you're a host whose exhausted but wants to host, try to delegate tasks and treat yourself to a mani/pedi/yoga session/whatever will help you feel better).

mig100

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 9:03 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
I know people who complain about hosting but wouldn't really want any other way. I know people who complain about going to their parents/in law's but wouldn't really want it any other way. I know people who stay home and have a wonderful time, don't complain, and wouldn't want it any other way Smile

Truthfully, no situation is perfect and unless one wears rose colored classes, there is usually something to complain about. That doesn't mean that in the larger picture, things were mostly beautiful and rewarding. It doesn't mean that the hard work isn't worth the results.
The trick is that whether hosting or being hosted, focus on the positives (and if you're a host whose exhausted but wants to host, try to delegate tasks and treat yourself to a mani/pedi/yoga session/whatever will help you feel better).

Great post!

SuperWify

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 11:57 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
U have potato chips? Can I have some?

Apparently, it's a rare commodity in my neck of the woods.

Now that pesach is over please TAKE THEM ALL.
I never want to see a potato chip - let’s just make then any potato- for a very very long time.

mig100

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 7:08 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Now that pesach is over please TAKE THEM ALL.
I never want to see a potato chip - let’s just make then any potato- for a very very long time.

Haha

Hope.u recover b4 next pesech!! Some imas r already planning for peseah 2020!!

I didn't open that thread it's way too far on my radar!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics