Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Pool Safety- alarm? Keyed lock? Movement sensor?

luckymom1

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 9:51 pm
What extra measures do you have in place to protect your kids?

Eselle13

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 10:13 pm
As a former lifeguard, I would put multiple levels of locks in place. Even if it is inconvenient and takes longer to unlock/open.
This way you aren't relying on one or even 2 and they act as back up.

Personally, I'd think a sturdy pool cover, a motion detector alarm, gated pool that is visible from the house, physical lock.

Some people also alarm the doors that lead to the pool to ring once so they hear when it gets open. (you'd need a way to deal with shabbos though)

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 10:20 pm
#1 safety measure - teach your kids to swim!!! All my kids were water safe at age 3

We have locks on all doors to outside, plus additional safety bars on each door that is out of reach, and a 6ft pool fence around the pool (we paid extra to go with the higher height, this is not the norm)
We also have padlocks on all fences to our yard

Amarante

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 11:22 pm
The pool covers which can be walked on. They are impossible to get under and a child can’t fall in.

Ruchel

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 4:57 am
What I see is people covering, or maybe emptying. I dread pools, don't like them

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 5:05 am
Gated pool is number 1. The less people that know the combination number the better.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 6:34 am
ALL THE ABOVE.

Gate your whole property line well, with a code, and then gate the pool with a code on top of it. Neighbor kids can be very persistent, especially if they know that you're not home.

I had a beautiful pond once, that I decided to fill in. My neighbor had a sn child who was obsessed with water, and he was forever trying to defeat my locks and climb over my fence. They never watched him because they were too busy fighting and/or being drunk. Mad

I was furious that I had to lose my pond because of their negligence, but I would feel guilty forever if that little boy drowned on my property.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics