Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Phone with a good camera

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 1:26 am
I have one of the older iPhones and noticed that the quality of my pictures are really poor. I’m thinking it’s such a shame to have all the memories with low quality pictures. Any recommendations for a phone that takes pictures the are high quality with a nice resolution that looks good even when its not on the phone screen?

bamba

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 6:09 am
I’ve heard the best camera on a phone is the google phone.
I’ve seen pictures from it and they look professional!

doctorima

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 8:11 am
Google's Pixel 3 takes amazing pictures, as Bamba said. Samsung's S9 is also excellent. These aren't cheap phones, though. What's your budget?

morah.coffee

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 12:10 pm
I have Google Pixel 3, amazing camera! The colors are so vibrant. I love it.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Apr 28 2019, 12:17 pm
morah.coffee wrote:
I have Google Pixel 3, amazing camera! The colors are so vibrant. I love it.

What is the battery life like?

morah.coffee

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 4:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What is the battery life like?

Its normal, lasts me basically full day even with using it often. I'm happy with it.

Just- the charger is its own charger so you can't just use a standard USB one.
It doesn't have a separate headphone jack, they have specific headphones which come with it which plug into the same place it charges from so it's a bit annoying, can't listen and charge.

Other than that it has a lot of cool features. Unlocks with fingerprint, squeeze it for Google assistant, very customizable, amazing camera and otherwise formatted like every android. I'm happy with it overall.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 5:26 pm
morah.coffee wrote:
Its normal, lasts me basically full day even with using it often. I'm happy with it.

It doesn't have a separate headphone jack, they have specific headphones which come with it which plug into the same place it charges from so it's a bit annoying, can't listen and charge.

Other than that it has a lot of cool features. Unlocks with fingerprint, squeeze it for Google assistant, very customizable, amazing camera and otherwise formatted like every android. I'm happy with it overall.

Cool! How much did you spend on it? Cause I see it on eBay for 99$

doctorima

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 5:29 pm
Which model did you find for only $99? I'd be surprised if it's the most recent version - Pixel 3, unless it's got issues and isn't in good condition. You don't need the XL, the basic model is big enough, but if you can afford it, I'd go for the Pixel 3 and not the older models. Also, the memory isn't expandable, so if you have lots of apps or take lots of pics and videos, make sure to get 128 GB instead of the base 64 GB model.

singleagain

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 5:51 pm
morah.coffee wrote:

I have the Pixel 2 and I was able to find an adapter that allows you to charge and listen at the same time. It's a bit pricey at $20ish but if you need the headphones and the plug at the same time (like on a train/plane ... Or someone is sleeping in the same room) it's worth it. I usually use it in the car, it's really good for long drives, so my phone can be charging plus navigation plus music(Careful though.. cause cheaper adapters don't always work with the Pixel.)

2 in 1 Hub USB C to 3.5mm... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F.....share

singleagain

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 5:54 pm
doctorima wrote:
Which model did you find for only $99? I'd be surprised if it's the most recent version - Pixel 3, unless it's got issues and isn't in good condition. You don't need the XL, the basic model is big enough, but if you can afford it, I'd go for the Pixel 3 and not the older models. Also, [b]the memory isn't expandable, so if you have lots of apps or take lots of pics and videos, make sure to get 128 GB instead of the base 64 GB model.

But. That shouldn't matter unless you have a ton of apps, bc the pics and videos get saved right away to your Google account and it's not local unless you specially download them

(That's why I got the Pixel. For the space plus, no bloat-ware)

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 9:26 pm
Google pixel has the best camera hands down! Color is awesome and has some really cool features such as night mode and portrait mode. I'm loving it!

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 11:42 pm
Anything cheaper? I need a new phone and really want a good camera. But I have a limited budget....

doctorima

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 2:04 am
Galaxy S8 has an amazing camera and should be cheaper now that S10 is already out. If S8 is still too pricey, check out the S7.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 2:17 am
So weird. Checking prices online the S8 is the same price as the S9. 499 unlocked...

Where do you buy your phones? I want a reputable store, not something like Ebay...

doctorima

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:54 am
I got an S8 brand new in the package for $350 last year, so I would assume you could do much better now. Another site to check besides Ebay is Swappa.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics