Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Pregnancy type fatigue-but not pregnant!
Previous  1  2

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 2:31 pm
Sleepymama wrote:
I have struggled with this for years. "Sleepymama" sounds like a cute punny name, but is no joke in my case. I can very much relate to the idea of feeling like you're in a fog, and also the tuning out and not even realizing someone is talking to you. I've tested for everything, doctors dismiss it and think it's all in my head. It feels very physical and not emotional to me. I have found that a very strict diet that's high in protein and vegetables and low in carbs has definitely helped, but not enough. I've just gotten used to doing everything very simply, I have to rest a lot so I simply can't get a lot of things done.
Even though the doctors tell me my thyroid is fine, I wonder if maybe I should look into thyroid again based on the article linked above.
This is a brand new study that has given me hope

http://med.stanford.edu/news/a......html

I'm going to check the link soon but I assume you too had a full thyroid panel, not just TSH?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 2:34 pm
trixx wrote:
It's prob thyroid and they're not doing the right tests or misinterpreting the results. Btdt.

https://thyroidpharmacist.com/.....ests/

Forgive me for just skimming but does the article mention that the TSH ranges are problematic? That someone wouldn't be flagged for further testing with symptoms but a TSH over 2.0, as long as the TSH is less than 5.0? (Some doctors, who are inevitably committing malpractice, won't check further as long as the TSH is less than 10 Banging head )

enjoying kids

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 3:12 pm
I had exactly what you describe. Bh I was able to overcome it with a lot of work.
1) birth control contains progesterone - if you are sensitive to it during pregnancy, you will be sensitive to it in any form, whether pill, ring, or iud and for some people it is a powerful sedative and muscle relaxant
2) iron supplements, even if your hbg is normal your iron stores may still be depleted
3) work on baby's sleep, and prioritize your own bedtime
4) weak core muscles - I had a hige diastasis, and very weak core, and pelvic floor. This makes all movement more tiring, as well as making it difficult to draw a full breath, which also depletes your stamina. Lots of PT followed by joining a good exercise class. My diastasis never really closed, but I got much stronger.
5) emotional stress, which can be from many many factors! Do you take time to do something you look forward to regularly? Do you have any social contact? Any birth trauma or past trauma? How is your marriage?
Hatzlacha!

proudmom8

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 4:26 pm
enjoying kids wrote:
I had exactly what you describe. Bh I was able to overcome it with a lot of work.
1) birth control contains progesterone - if you are sensitive to it during pregnancy, you will be sensitive to it in any form, whether pill, ring, or iud and for some people it is a powerful sedative and muscle relaxant
2) iron supplements, even if your hbg is normal your iron stores may still be depleted
3) work on baby's sleep, and prioritize your own bedtime
4) weak core muscles - I had a hige diastasis, and very weak core, and pelvic floor. This makes all movement more tiring, as well as making it difficult to draw a full breath, which also depletes your stamina. Lots of PT followed by joining a good exercise class. My diastasis never really closed, but I got much stronger.
5) emotional stress, which can be from many many factors! Do you take time to do something you look forward to regularly? Do you have any social contact? Any birth trauma or past trauma? How is your marriage?
Hatzlacha!

Thank you for taking the time to write that all up for me!

Please forgive my ignorance...How would I know if I’m more sensitive to progesterone?

Am I understanding correctly to try taking iron supplements regularly regardless of my iron levels?

I don’t believe I have diastisis, weak pelvic floor etc. it’s not difficult for me to take a deep breath. So I think I can rule that out as well as emotional stress Bh. This has been progressively worsening for years and there’s def been times of increased stress but it’s not a regular factor. (To which I’m very thankful to hkbh for, Bli ayin hara).

I always have pregnancy trauma, no birth trauma. I have reg social interaction and good marriage Bh but both are def impacted by this. I just don’t have enough energy to put more into relationships. Also makes me feel incompetent to dh who does tons and is very productive every single day.

proudmom8

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 4:29 pm
I just want to check in to tell all u wonderful ladies a huge ty!! The validation (that it’s not just in my head or nothing to do for it) and information that you’ve given me has empowered me to continue searching for answers and not be resigned to this anymore. It has given me information that I didn’t know before so that I can be more assertive with a doctor and ask more educated questions.

I truly appreciate that you’re all taking the time to respond to me and help me.

lkwdlady

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 10:11 am
proudmom8 wrote:
I just want to check in to tell all u wonderful ladies a huge ty!! The validation (that it’s not just in my head or nothing to do for it) and information that you’ve given me has empowered me to continue searching for answers and not be resigned to this anymore. It has given me information that I didn’t know before so that I can be more assertive with a doctor and ask more educated questions.

I truly appreciate that you’re all taking the time to respond to me and help me.

Did you figure anything out?
Are you still so tired?

proudmom8

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 11:19 am
lkwdlady wrote:
Did you figure anything out?
Are you still so tired?

Ur so kind to check in! I’m embarrassed to answer. Yes I’m still so tired. I made an appt but then started a new job and had to cancel and haven’t found the time to reschedule yet. But in the meantime I’ve started taking vitamins, drinking more and trying to be healthier overall. I still need to go to a dr though. I need to make it a priority to make the time

yerushamama

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 11:30 am
Ask the doctor to check your blood bilirubin levels as well. During one pregnancy, I became so exhausted that I literally couldn't sit up. It turned out to be ?(SP)Gilberet's syndrome. Usually it causes jaundice, as well - an early warning sign of an attack - but I NEVER get jaundiced.

aliavi

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 11:51 am
I’d also consider thyroid. My TSH wasn’t extreme but it had been elevated for an extended period of time and I had some major things going on. My other labs were pretty good but I didn’t feel well at all. I was able to get a doctor by paying out of pocket for the appointment. I feel best with TSH just about 1 on my lab test range. After a baby your thyroid can fluctuate quite a bit. I also needed to increase progesterone. Exercise helped!

lefty1

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 11:59 am
iron, vitamin d and vitamin c helped me (worth it to check B as well). find out how to take these so they are absorbed properly
exercising and eating well
also have you been checked for mono - EBV, CMV etc.

trixx

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 12:31 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Forgive me for just skimming but does the article mention that the TSH ranges are problematic? That someone wouldn't be flagged for further testing with symptoms but a TSH over 2.0, as long as the TSH is less than 5.0? (Some doctors, who are inevitably committing malpractice, won't check further as long as the TSH is less than 10 Banging head )

Yes her main point is that the accepted ranges for tsh are way off
Interestingly she also says that she believes eventually it will be considered malpractice to still use those numbers

proudmom8

Post Sun, May 19 2019, 12:57 pm
lefty1 wrote:
iron, vitamin d and vitamin c helped me (worth it to check B as well). find out how to take these so they are absorbed properly
exercising and eating well
also have you been checked for mono - EBV, CMV etc.

Is it a dr, nutritionist, pharmacist or google who can teach me the right way to take them to be absorbed? I never knew that there was a specific way to take vitamins. Always learning something new Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics