Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Monsey young neighborhoods
Previous  1  2

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:07 pm
honeymoon wrote:
If only this was the only reason. It may be one of them but it is not the only one. It is sad that people insist on denying it.

What's the reasons?

honeymoon

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:10 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
What's the reasons?

That there are many schools who have a neat little box you need to fit into in order to be accepted. If you don't fit into that tiny box, you are unwanted and thus left without a school.

But lets not derail the thread, op needs practical help.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:12 pm
honeymoon wrote:
That there are many schools who have a neat little box you need to fit into in order to be accepted. If you don't fit into that tiny box, you are unwanted and thus left without a school.

But lets not derail the thread, op needs practical help.

Your right. The situation is crazy.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:17 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Please make sure that your children are accepted to schools before making the move, OP. Countless families have had to move back to where they came from after spending a year with their kids at home.

which schools are hard to get into? we are very mainstream brooklyn types not too yeshivish and not modern

honeymoon

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:20 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
which schools are hard to get into? we are very mainstream brooklyn types not too yeshivish and not modern

I'm only familiar with the chassidish schools.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

All schools are hard to get in at this point in time. Like others have said, first find a school, then worry about a house.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:23 pm
OP, all schools are hard to get into. Not matter if you live in Monsey, Brooklyn, Lakewood.....
But that's a discussion in itself and there are over enough threads on this. The reason doesn't matter, but this is the situation and you need to be forewarned before you move out anywhere.

honeymoon

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:26 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
OP, all schools are hard to get into. Not mattet if you live in Monsey, Brooklyn, Lakewood.....
But that's a discussion in itself and there are over enough threads on this. The reason doesn't matter, but this is the situation and you need to be forewarned before you move out anywhere.

True. I think Monsey schools are hardest of all to get into though.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:28 pm
Honeymoon, that's not true. In Lakewood its just as difficult, maybe even more.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:29 pm
honeymoon wrote:
True. I think Monsey schools are hardest of all to get into though.

As far as I know Lakewood is way way harder. I am not speaking about chassidish schools. Most ppl I know who moved here got their kids in with a lot of hassle but they got in.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 10:15 pm
we would probably look into ysv or schools like that. no one told us its hard to get in so I wasn't expecting that

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 10:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
we would probably look into ysv or schools like that. no one told us its hard to get in so I wasn't expecting that

Definitely call before. I know families who didn't move since YSV only had room for some of their kids. But I also know families who had no issues....but there is a space issue.

amother
Lavender

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 10:24 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Extremely full and hard to get into.

keeplearning

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 10:25 pm
Havestraw is a about 2 years old with about 70 families. Houses are definitely under 600K but taxes are high. The drive to congested Main Monsey can be 20+ minutes but it's all relative to what you are comparing to! Closest kosher grocery is Wesley Kosher abt 9 minutes away ( stop & Shop and Shoprite are minutes away) It's a warm growing community with many young Yeshivish families but also a wide range of age groups and "types."

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 11:40 pm
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Extremely full and hard to get into.

YSV only accepted one of my kids add a transfer because of full classes. There was only room for that child.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating