Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads
Bosch metal bowl just spins, doesn't mix the dough

newbie613

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 1:49 pm
I bought the metal bowl on amazon a while ago and rarely use it. Whenever I try to make challah with it, the bowl starts spinning so that there's no friction and the dough is not getting mixed. At first the bowl stays in place when I slowly add ingredients but once the 5 pounds of flour is in, it just starts spinning out of control. I think it might not be the genuine bosch bowl. Before I spend more money on it, I'm wondering what other people's experiences were. Does this make sense?

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 8:20 pm
I had that too a couple of times that my bowl would just be out of control. I still haven't figured out why. But what I do is, before I put in the entire flour I let it mix a bit and then I put in the remaining flour. I also hold down the bowl with my hands on top of the cover

newbie613

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 8:23 pm
member wrote:
I had that too a couple of times that my bowl would just be out of control. I still haven't figured out why. But what I do is, before I put in the entire flour I let it mix a bit and then I put in the remaining flour. I also hold down the bowl with my hands on top of the cover

I put it in so slowly. It was good until all 5 pounds were in and then it went crazy. I couldn’t hold it down, I tried.

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 8:27 pm
newbie613 wrote:
I put it in so slowly. It was good until all 5 pounds were in and then it went crazy. I couldn’t hold it down, I tried.

Right so the few times I had that went out of control, I was also unable to hold it down, so I just took out part of the dough, let it mix and then added the rest..you ALWAYS have it this way? If so, maybe it's a defect

newbie613

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 8:41 pm
member wrote:
Right so the few times I had that went out of control, I was also unable to hold it down, so I just took out part of the dough, let it mix and then added the rest..you ALWAYS have it this way? If so, maybe it's a defect

Oh I can try that next time. Do you have the genuine Bosch bowl or was yours also sold by another company?

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 8:49 pm
newbie613 wrote:
Oh I can try that next time. Do you have the genuine Bosch bowl or was yours also sold by another company?

It's the Bosch one.

newbie613

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:10 pm
member wrote:
It's the Bosch one.

Good to know. Thanks for responding!

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:36 pm
Pleasure! Just wondering, how much did you spend on this imitation bowl?

newbie613

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:38 pm
member wrote:
Pleasure! Just wondering, how much did you spend on this imitation bowl?

79.99. I didn’t realize it was an imitation bowl when I bought it. It’s been discontinued.

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 9:42 pm
newbie613 wrote:
79.99. I didn’t realize it was an imitation bowl when I bought it. It’s been discontinued.

Wow that's a lot of money... for a relatively few more dollars you could've gotten the original, which brings me wonder how you know that it's not the original?

newbie613

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 10:56 pm
member wrote:
Wow that's a lot of money... for a relatively few more dollars you could've gotten the original, which brings me wonder how you know that it's not the original?

I don’t know for sure. I just assumed it’s not since I thought the Bosch bowl would be fine.

acemom

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 12:51 am
Is the cover for the high speed driver (where the blender sits) on correctly? When it isn't, the metal bowl wobbles and spins out of control.

Last edited by acemom on Wed, May 01 2019, 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 12:53 am
acemom wrote:
Is the cover for the high speed driver (where th blender sits) on correctly? When it isn't, the metal bowl wobbles and spins out of control.

Hope I am being clear.

Mine doesn't have a blender

Amom#1

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 12:58 am
I have the original bosch bowl and I b"h never had that problem.... Im thinking that maybe you don't click in the bowl correctly to the machine? You gotta twist and turn that the small nozzle coming out of the bowl should completely click into the base of the machine. I do 6 lbs of flour and never had a problem.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Challah and Breads