Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
When did you tell your kids

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:52 pm
Seems like we will be moving long distance in the summer. Not sure when I should tell my kids. My oldest is 10
When did you tell yours?

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:57 pm
We are also moving for next year and we told our oldest (9) as soon as it was real. Did you get the 10 year old into school without an interview? Ours had to be interviewed back in February, so that was a big clue that it was likely happening. I think it's pretty late already. I would say ASAP to give them time to say goodbye and come to terms with the move. Is there a reason you are keeping it secret?

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 9:59 pm
amother [ Chartreuse ] wrote:
We are also moving for next year and we told our oldest (9) as soon as it was real. Did you get the 10 year old into school without an interview? Ours had to be interviewed back in February, so that was a big clue that it was likely happening. I think it's pretty late already. I would say ASAP to give them time to say goodbye and come to terms with the move. Is there a reason you are keeping it secret?

Didn't interview. Schools said they are community schools and take everyone.
Secret because we dont like everyone talking about us and because we are working on a house

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 10:07 pm
I told my kids that we were stating the research into moving when we were exploring. They were ages 6-18 at the time.

We moved across the country, so wanted to have them part of the process.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating