Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Mp3 player without radio

misteray

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 1:25 pm
Any recommendations? I was looking around and they all come with fm tuner... I don't want to spend more than $30, it's for my ten year old.
Thanks!

esuss

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 1:34 pm
Check out DB electronics in Lakewood. They have a website that you can order from. They have Sansa MP3 players that they disconnect the radio on request. I did that for my kids and it worked.

misteray

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 11:21 am
Thank you for the idea, but I called them and it would come out to about $55... much more than I want to spend! Anyone else can help me? I googled how to disable it myself, but the ones that say it can be disabled are discontinued and cost way more...

sky

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 12:36 pm
esuss wrote:
Check out DB electronics in Lakewood. They have a website that you can order from. They have Sansa MP3 players that they disconnect the radio on request. I did that for my kids and it worked.

It’s a discontinued model so they charge a lot for it.
I think they also make their own.
It’s hard to find.

singleagain

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 2:05 pm
I found this in Amazon.. doesn't appear to have a radio... But it's not prime.. So check shipping and return

Eclipse T2810C 2.8" LCD 4GB Digital Music Video MP3 Player and Voice Recorder https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005.....5AR9C

cookbook

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 2:08 pm
I actually just bought one at dB electronics. I specifically asked for one without radio and they gave me company Samvix basic model. Was 39.99. I don’t know yet about quality but so far looks ok

blueberrypie

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 3:12 pm
Scandisk makes one with a voice recorder & no fm tuner but I think it was about $50 on amazon when I got it.

misteray

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 9:29 pm
I didn't order yet, but I just decided to give the (most likely junky) ones on eBay a try. Less than $10 and seems to not have radio.
Thanks everyone!

lkwdlady

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 9:46 pm
I just bought an mp3 for my child (for around $20). I brought it in to TAG and they disabled the radio.

ralea

Post Sun, Jun 16 2019, 2:11 pm
I thought of an idea, as I think the radio only works if you plug in the earphones.

How about buying any MP3 with bluetooth. Block the earphone jack with a strong glue, so the radio won't work.

Then you will need to buy a bluetooth earphone, to listen to the mp3 player.

I am still cautious though, so would like to hear if anyone has tried that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars