Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Is a travel stroller important?

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 8:09 pm
I’m wondering if it’s worth it to invest in a good one or something people buy and then hardly use it...

justmarried:)

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 8:10 pm
Depends how much you travel. Travel stroller usually means smaller stroller which I personally use on the daily and don’t use my bigger strollers.

amother
Seagreen

I needed one for public transportation. Still use in with child in preschool for when we have long late night YT walks.

amother
Orchid

It depends how much you travel. I bought a cheap umbrella stroller to check on airplanes, so my nice one doesn’t get damaged.

amother
Olive

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 8:11 pm
Use it as my car stroller stays in my car for whenever needed

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 8:13 pm
Depends how much you travel. We fly 1-2 times internationally and 2-3 times domestically a year so our travel stroller gets a lots of use and has definitely been worthwhile. We used to use our regular stroller but honestly it was sustaining too much wear and tear and even damage from baggage handlers. Also, a travel stroller makes it easier to navigate narrow areas which we often encounter outside the US.

If I flew once or twice a year I probably wouldn't bother.

amother
Slateblue

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 9:42 pm
We fly 2-3 times a year and don't use a travel stroller. Then again unlike the above poster we just are going to our parent for yt so it's like home - no narrow streets. I like it for any outings we do or for just walks. But mostly I wouldn't be able to part with the basket of my uppababy for the airport. In it I can fit a shaitel box, tefillin bag, hat box, diaper bag, large tote, tons of random shopping bags etc... You can get away with going on the plane with a lot more stuff because they don't ask you to empty your stroller bh!

I also use it for traveling locally. I mostly walk but I do drive too and don't find it inconvenient to fold/unfold as long as my trunk isn't stuffed. I do think though that if you take the subway or other public transportation though you should get one.

SuperWify

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 9:50 pm
If your going to fly even once but a cheap travel stroller ($40-100). It’s not worth risking damaging your regular carriage.

But no need to buy it until you actually go....

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:14 pm
I use it a lot in the summer.

creditcards

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:18 pm
SuperWify wrote:
If your going to fly even once but a cheap travel stroller ($40-100). It’s not worth risking damaging your regular carriage.

But no need to buy it until you actually go....

I wouldn't bother. If it gets damaged you can put in a claim and get reimbursed. You just need to make sure to put in the claim before you leave the airport right away when you get back the stroller.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:42 pm
creditcards wrote:
I wouldn't bother. If it gets damaged you can put in a claim and get reimbursed. You just need to make sure to put in the claim before you leave the airport right away when you get back the stroller.

Very much depends on the airline. Most have a clause stating that they're not responsible for damage to strollers, car seats, etc. Sometimes you can get lucky and receive compensation, but don't count on it as a definite.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 10:45 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I use it a lot in the summer.

How do you use it in the summer more?

flowerpower

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 11:37 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How do you use it in the summer more?

We go places on Fridays and Sundays so it’s just easier to pop a light easy to fold stroller in the trunk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics