Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Married man going alone with single friends on vacation
Previous  1  2

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 7:12 am
It all depends on age and context. No you can't have 5 20-somethings going to Daytona Beach or Vegas, I don't care what anyone says.

Conversely, my husband's chavrusa goes yearly with a group of men. One year to Morocco, one year to Lizhenz, one year to Azerbizhan to graves of tzadikim and old Jewish communities. They are all in their high 40s..

watergirl

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 7:18 am
essie14 wrote:
Let's not derail this, don't we have posts about Uman every year around RH time?
I don't think the OP is referring to Uman.

Thanks, I usually avoid the Uman threads but, yeah.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Jan 14 2019, 7:20 am
amother wrote:
Is it normal for a married man to go alone with his single friends on vacation?

Yes, it is normal among my friends. I might not be normal in your circles.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 5:57 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
It all depends on age and context. No you can't have 5 20-somethings going to Daytona Beach or Vegas, I don't care what anyone says.

Conversely, my husband's chavrusa goes yearly with a group of men. One year to Morocco, one year to Lizhenz, one year to Azerbizhan to graves of tzadikim and old Jewish communities. They are all in their high 40s..

Men in their high 40s are not immune to the temptations of 20-somethings. Location doesn’t matter, opportunity does.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 6:22 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
Is it normal for a married man to go alone with his single friends on vacation?

Not a good idea,

dankbar

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 8:22 pm
There are plenty men groups that go to kivrei avos in Europe or lizensk. Or men that go to Miron on Lag boemer.

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 5:06 am
There should be no peer pressure. If they are bad people, single or married you avoid them! and have a discussion even about friendship. I'm anti vacay away just for fun Uman is NOT that

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 5:21 am
It all depends on the couple. My grandparents were married for over 55 years, and they always said that the key to their marriage was separate vacations.

Grandpa would go fishing with his buddies, and he would send Grammy anywhere she wanted to go with her friends, all expenses paid. All Grandpa wanted was some male time in a peaceful setting, to drink beer and catch trout.

amother
Beige

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 6:21 am
Ok, it would personally make me uncomfortable. I grew up in a family where my parents did just about everything together. So if my husband wanted to go on vacation without me, that would personally hurt.

On the other hand, I can understand logically a situation where the husband enjoys doing a certain type of activity (cross country biking, visiting kivrei tzadikim, etc) and the wife was not interested in joining so he goes with friends.

meme6

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 6:27 am
I’m the wife that is thrilled when her husband goes on vacation with friends I hate having to leave the kids change my schedule. And I do believe it’s healthy most stuff my husband enjoys doing I don’t and stuff I enjoy doing he doesn’t. Yes we go on vacation together also but not enough for hubs needs so I don’t see what’s wrong. Hubs communicates with me when in vacations and tells me all he does.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics