Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Exercise DVD

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 2:05 pm
I'm looking to start exercising. I don't have time to go to a gym and don't have hours to work out. I don't exercise now, other than walking a couple times a week. I feel I need to move and stretch more. Can someone recommend a DVD that is good for beginners and has short routines?

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 2:08 pm
I really like Denise Austin. She is so energetic and keeps you motivated...
I have Denise Austin Fit In A Flash.

wife2

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 6:01 pm
If you want real results, you should do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred or any of her workouts. She will push you hard but you will tone up and lose weight. I believe she has 10 minute workout DVDs as well.

If you want something easy for beginners, you can get anything. But the best mix is cardio and strength intervals.

If you want something super easy to get started, get an app that gives you a few minute workout. This is highly motivational since you see a picture/video of message and it times you and then you can see days completed and it tracks it for you. Try an app like 7 min workout or just search on the app store for any that you like.

allthingsblue

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 6:06 pm
Can you do YouTube videos? I have a lot to recommend

thunderstorm

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 6:18 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
I really like Denise Austin. She is so energetic and keeps you motivated...
I have Denise Austin Fit In A Flash.

Denise Austin workout DVDs was my first introduction into exercise DVDs and is great for beginners.
Her DVD called Five Minute Target Toners is great . You can select how long you want to work out for abs customize the workout accordingly.

The next up more vigorous would be DVDs from the Biggest Loser series . There are workouts by Jillian Michaels, Bob Harper etc. that really get you doing a full body workout but you need at least a half hour between warm up, workout and cool down.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 6:18 pm
[quote="amother [ Bronze ]"]I really like Denise Austin. She is so energetic and keeps you motivated.

I love working out with her. I have many good DVDs from her.

amother
Lime

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 11:14 pm
wife2 wrote:
If you want real results, you should do Jillian Michaels 30 day shred or any of her workouts. She will push you hard but you will tone up and lose weight. I believe she has 10 minute workout DVDs as well.

If you want something easy for beginners, you can get anything. But the best mix is cardio and strength intervals.

If you want something super easy to get started, get an app that gives you a few minute workout. This is highly motivational since you see a picture/video of message and it times you and then you can see days completed and it tracks it for you. Try an app like 7 min workout or just search on the app store for any that you like.

I have 2 of Jillian Michael's DVDs but I always go back to her 30 day shred one. I actually just started it this week again.
It's very manageable once you get past day 2 or 3, which will be hard with any exercise routine that's worth anything, and has 3 levels. She also shows modified versions of specific excercises, when available, for those that find it too difficult.
You have to be disciplined to do it but you will lose and feel good.
It's only 20 minutes a day. I stick it in during kids bedtime. I'm stuck upstairs anyway. Get the younger ones into bed and while the older ones are showering I do the exercise. We finish about the same time then I can continue with my nightly routine (cleaning up, laundry....)

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 9:55 am
OP here.
I'm not specifically looking to lose weight (though I wouldn't mind losing a few Wink)
I've been having a lot of pain the last few years and finally took myself to a physical therapist. In addition to what she's working on and the exercises she gave me, she told me I need to move more. Based on her assessment, I have limited range of mobility so I'd like to work on that too.

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 10:00 am
wife2 wrote:

The 30 day shred I used to do when I was single but now I find them too intense.
You need to have energy to start her workouts and its about 30 minutes which is long...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise