Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Crib tent - monsey
1  2  Next

redstrawberry

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 8:08 am
anyone have experience with crib tents.

Anywhere I can buy them locally in monsey?

Im desperate.. my 22 month old learned yesterday how to climb out of his crib. Putting to sleep was a disaster. And now early morning I hear him running around the house..

amother
Goldenrod

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 9:13 am
I believe that they are no longer manufactured or sold as they were determined to be unsafe. Good luck!!

meme6

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 9:33 am
They are discontinued. It’s hell on earth unless you come up with an idea hats safe for your child.

pesek zman

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 9:40 am
Sleep sack?

gumby

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 9:49 am
You can get on Amazon

amother
Green

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 10:06 am
Try sewing a small piece of fabric between the legs of the PJ. That will allow DC to walk but not move legs enough to make the movement needed to climb out of the crib.

keym

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 10:25 am
Put child in sleep sack or wide sleeper pajamas and put both feet in one leg. Then put them on backwards so the zipper is up the back.
Having the legs together makes it much harder for the child to climb out. Zipper up the back makes it much harder for child to take off pajamas.
Crib tents are very unsafe according to the doctors I spoke to.

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 10:28 am
The baby store in skver still sells them. I don’t remember the name.
Let me just warn you that because they are discontinued they are hell expensive. I paid the same amount for it that I paid for my crib. But it was worth every penny.
I needed one, and found it more unsafe not having one. Waking up at 3 a.m. to a 20 month old wandering the house and climbing on counters is terrifying.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 10:29 am
I heard that after the recall, they were redesigned and are now on the market again.

Do your research, and make sure you have the most up to date model with the highest safety rating.

In the meantime, I like the idea of sewing fabric between the legs. DD could climb even with a sleep sack!

At some point, you're just going to have to give in and train him to go back to bed when he gets up at 4am. It's going to be a long process, but it's worth it in the end.

I gave DD a stack of picture books and some quiet toys, and told her "You don't have to sleep, but you do have to stay in your room and play quietly." Because I wasn't telling her to go to sleep, she was more willing to cooperate.

dooby

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 12:26 pm
https://littlegrounders.com or google no climb pajamas.
They are not cheap but might be worth it.

amother
Blush

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 2:23 pm
My child learnt to climb out of his crib at 16 months. We had a very hard couple of months where he slept only in my bed and couldn’t fall asleep unless someone laid with him for a couple of hours.

Through the help of a sleep coach, she recommended me to buy a safety gate to put by his doorway and make sure that his room is safe for him if he gets out of bed. (I also switched him to toddler bed so he shouldn’t hurt himself ) It worked amazingly! He feels like it’s his private space.

srbmom

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 2:36 pm
There was a thread on this a few weeks ago and someone posted a link to them being sold again on Amazon. I have never used one and don't know if safety issues with it have been resolved but here is the link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....b100a

mommybrr

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 1:32 pm
Bump
Any reccomendations on crib tents? My dr said they are on the market and I should try it. Anyone use it succesfully and can recommend one?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 1:39 pm
Check out Nanny Jo on YouTube.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 1:51 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Check out Nanny Jo on YouTube.

This does not work for everyone.

I used a crib tent with my fifteen month old who was climbing out and not trainable. (Turns out he had autism.) It worked, and bought me a good six months, which got him to an age when I could baby-gate him into his room- at that point, he had figured out how to get out of the tent. I would buy it, BUT, be prepared that it might not work, and be prepared to take the loss.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 1:58 pm
srbmom wrote:
There was a thread on this a few weeks ago and someone posted a link to them being sold again on Amazon. I have never used one and don't know if safety issues with it have been resolved but here is the link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....b100a

I got this one and had a great experience. Said child loved it. She felt very secure in it. (until she took a scissors and cut it apart...)
Having a pc of fabric between legs is a bad bad bad idea. This kid hauled herself over with both legs and then fell to the ground because of this. Never constrict movement of a child!

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 2:05 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
I got this one and had a great experience. Said child loved it. She felt very secure in it. (until she took a scissors and cut it apart...)
Having a pc of fabric between legs is a bad bad bad idea. This kid hauled herself over with both legs and then fell to the ground because of this. Never constrict movement of a child!

Agreed. Many kids who are precocious when it comes to movement-related things will manage to get over anyway, and then get hurt. When my ds hurt his leg, we had to watch him constantly, because he refused to do anything differently and kept falling.

mommybrr

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:03 pm
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
This does not work for everyone.

I used a crib tent with my fifteen month old who was climbing out and not trainable. (Turns out he had autism.) It worked, and bought me a good six months, which got him to an age when I could baby-gate him into his room- at that point, he had figured out how to get out of the tent. I would buy it, BUT, be prepared that it might not work, and be prepared to take the loss.

Thanks. I know it may not work but at this point I am willing to give it a try.
How did he get out of the tent? I thought they can't be opened from inside.

mommybrr

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:04 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:

Thank you.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Nov 02 2020, 5:43 pm
With my 3 oldest kids we put a tall baby gate in front of the door and they stayed in there rooms, we put toys there for when they woke up

With my youngest we got the cheapest tent on Amazon it worked for a few months until he learned that if he screamed load enough his older brothers who he sleaped with would just unzip per it
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics