Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Dividing jobs for cleaning lady

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 10:16 am
I have a two floor house and a lady twice a week. She usually does the same routine both days (cleaning, folding laundry and ironing) but I see the cleaning is not being done properly. I need to organize it in a better way.

If you have cleaning help a few times a week, how do you divide up the tasks per day for the cleaning lady? Is it same routine each time?

cuffs

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 11:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I have a two floor house and a lady twice a week. She usually does the same routine both days (cleaning, folding laundry and ironing) but I see the cleaning is not being done properly. I need to organize it in a better way.

If you have cleaning help a few times a week, how do you divide up the tasks per day for the cleaning lady? Is it same routine each time?

I used to have help twice a week, now I have 1x but I had twice a week this is how I divided it, Mondays was very busy, came for full day, washed all the floors, cleaned the kitchen well, including fridge, ovens... was deep cleaning day.
Thursday she spent most of her time with laundry, washed the linens, ironed, folded everything! (I would wash everything Wednesday night to save her time) on Thursday she only washed the kitchen floor and bathrooms, rest of the rooms she swept.
Hope this was helpful

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 4:40 pm
I don’t think that the jobs that aren’t done well now will actually get done the way you like it unless you specifically show her.

For example, my cleaning lady would clean a bathroom but never windex the mirror. One day I said, “Maria, when you clean the bathroom please use windex on the mirror “.
Or you might have tell her that when she vacuums the whole house, it also means the steps.

You basically have to be very specific until she is trained the way you want her to be.

Think about when you want things done. You probably don’t want the linen changed each time she comes. Tell her which day to change the linen. Or take the garbage cans to the street.
I only ask for my floor to be mopped on Friday but I expect her sweep it each day she is here.

I guess you have to figure out what exactly you want her to do.

amother
OP

Post Sat, May 04 2019, 11:38 pm
Thanks for the responses. She knows how I like things to be cleaned, I’ve shown her but I think she’s just not getting to it all that’s why I’m looking for a system on how to divide it between the days. I’m not that organized so I like to hear ideas from you ladies so I can put together my schedule.
Thanks Cuffs, I like the idea of one day being more for deep cleaning.

Rachel8177

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 12:06 am
I wud tell her to do bottom floor well Monday’s ( which is really when it can use the cleaning as it’s after shabbos)+ whatever time she has left for laundry, and Thursday I would ask her to do top floor + kitchen floor,table and chairs,front entrance,toilets +whatever time she has left for laundry .

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 12:16 am
Let her know what the priorities are.

Also, if you want deep cleaning done, make sure she's walking into a house that looks already more or less tidy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry