Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Spinoff- boys daycamp in Lakewood

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 3:25 pm
Looking for a warm day camp that will give the extra care to a 1st grade boy. Last yr he didn't want to join sports (probably wasn't confident in a new situation) and spent a lot of time on the side. I would like somewhere where they would put in the extra effort to include him and draw him out.

Preferably somewhere simpler and down to earth.

sky

Post Fri, Feb 17 2017, 3:38 pm
In general for that age I like smaller camps - like the ones that go up to 3rd or 4th grade. They don't get lost with all the big boys and camp is geared more toward them.

At that age my kids did really well at camp Chaveirim.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 9:08 am
Bump. Any more input on boys camps?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 9:59 am
I never sent to chaverim but heard people are happy there. Look out for ads for smaller day camps, he may do well in a backyard camp. I would also make sure he goes with at least one friend. There are so many kids out there that do not like sports, there should be a camp that does more project type of things vs. sports.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 10:50 am
amother wrote:
I never sent to chaverim but heard people are happy there. Look out for ads for smaller day camps, he may do well in a backyard camp. I would also make sure he goes with at least one friend. There are so many kids out there that do not like sports, there should be a camp that does more project type of things vs. sports.

I second this

rikki 1

Post Tue, Feb 21 2017, 10:58 am
there's Camp Aliyah that sounds good. it's a between camp (not backyard style and not a big camp) that doesn't emphasize sports, does other stuff. don't know the youngest age though. only one bunk per age. The number is 732-534-2812

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 12:41 pm
Bumping again now that the ads are out. What questions should I be asking when looking into camps?

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 12:46 pm
if you don't want a large camp then there is camp "big boys". I sent my son there one summer, he had a good time ...smaller, back yard style but lots of fun. It's on 14th street. I think 1st grade is the oldest they take (they also take 5-6 yr olds). Don't know the number but I've seen it advertised in the magazines.

sky

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 1:31 pm
How many bunks per age of child?
How many children per bunk?
How many counselors per bunk?
What is the overall supervision - head counselors etc?
What age are the counselors?
Where do you go swimming? How do you get there? Are the lifeguards certified?
What is supervision like during lunch? free play?
What is the daily schedule like?

amother
Plum

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 2:29 am
Any info on camp Chaveirim’s first and second grade bunks ? Do they go to water parks ? Major trips ? Do they have learning ? What’s the program like ?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children