Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Can you ask your DH about this choice of yeshiva Williamsbur

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 29 2019, 7:13 pm
Can you ask your DH about this small yeshiva in Willy?

Its of Reb Chaim Shlome Adler- someone said Gross ...IDK. Can you please ask your DH? Does it only have boys with issues? What kind of issues? I dont have whom to ask but its important TIA. I can provide a private email if you prefer to email me. TIA!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 2:00 pm
bump please? all you know about This Yeshiva? you can email

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 2:01 pm
Reb Adler is the son in law of the Skulen Dayan Rabbi weinberger. I will try to get info on the yeshiva.

Lesia

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 2:22 pm
I once hosted a yomtov meal for ten or so young men from this yeshiva, and they were some of the most well mannered, kind and good Chassidish bochurim I had ever met.

As far as I understand it, it seems to be kollel style yeshivah for bochurim who are older and have outgrown the ages of the regular Chassidish yeshivahs.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 2:41 pm
OP, the yeshiva is not for typical boys. It's for more out of the box/cooler (can't find a better word for it) boys. They have a summer camp as well.
The best is to call the yeshiva and find out to exactly what type they cater to.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 3:54 pm
Thanks for replies, What percentage is (give or take) older bochurim plain and what percentage are bochurim that are there because they need a special attention because of personality and what percentage is are cool? TIA a lot! My son is NOT cool. Do they encourage OCD? Its a problem because he is already OCD for yddishkeit

dankbar

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 4:03 pm
It's a kollel style called yeshiva for older boys. I think the bachurim have a nice relationship with him but it's not like a regular yeshiva

dankbar

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 4:05 pm
I know someone who attends who is a serious learning bochur but is 26. Other ones might not be such learning types but come to hang out there a bit. It's like people coming & going more like kollel that's not intense type

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 4:34 pm
OP, they do not encourage OCD. It's a very warm and relaxed yeshiva. It is not made for very frum boys. Most are cooler boys. It's geared for older bachurim. Rabbi Adler is a very warm person that has vast knowledge to many issues boys are facing. Your best bet is to call the yeshiva and tell them about your son & they will tell you if it's a good fit for him.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 6:19 pm
I hear they give more individualized treatment. Do they still feel like a group or more like a special ed class where everyone has a different plan? I prefer not to ask the Rosh Yeshiva this question

dankbar

Post Wed, May 01 2019, 7:23 pm
It's a group of older boys. Some learning. Some not so much. Some working boys come for minyan there. Don't think they have individualized learning programs.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 02 2019, 8:39 am
Thanks, I appreciate you taking your time to answer

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 1:07 am
My working son daven there every day. He says during week it's not too active. It's busy by shachris & at night for boys that work that want to learn with a chavrusa. Rabbi Adler is there every day so if someone wants to learn, can learn with him. Shabbos there is an active skulener kollel there.

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:50 am
Thanks forestgreen!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 12:02 pm
Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics