Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
T mobile - NY Imamothers, what's the catch?

N'sMom

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 3:18 pm
My 5 year old smartphone is on its way out, and my college -aged dd, who has never had a smartphone, wants one. I went into T Mobile last week and they have a deal where I can get two new phones plus what appears to be pretty much the same plan I have now at verizon for a bit over half of what it would cost to get two new phones and continue with Verizon. I have been very happy with verizon but money is always an issue and I certainly don't see why I should pay a lot more unless T mobile isn't as good, or has hidden charges that I will.find out about after the fact. Do any of you have T mobile? How do you like it?

cnc

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 3:21 pm
Their service/ coverage is nowhere near as good or reliable as Verizon.

doctorima

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 3:31 pm
In NYC and most urban areas, T-Mobile is totally fine. In more rural places, and especially the Catskills, you'll have better coverage with Verizon.

karat

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 3:34 pm
Metro pcs runs on t-mobile network but is cheaper.

Cheiny

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 4:02 pm
N'sMom wrote:
My 5 year old smartphone is on its way out, and my college -aged dd, who has never had a smartphone, wants one. I went into T Mobile last week and they have a deal where I can get two new phones plus what appears to be pretty much the same plan I have now at verizon for a bit over half of what it would cost to get two new phones and continue with Verizon. I have been very happy with verizon but money is always an issue and I certainly don't see why I should pay a lot more unless T mobile isn't as good, or has hidden charges that I will.find out about after the fact. Do any of you have T mobile? How do you like it?

There’s a reason when something seems too good to be true. I have 2 friends who had it and both had to switch because coverage IN BROOKLYN was lousy!

sub

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 4:16 pm
Try page plus or metro pcs. They use verizon towers. We have service in places other people don’t. They have different plans with no commitments.

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 4:43 pm
I'm happy with T-Mobile in Brooklyn for many years. Don't bring it upstate though.

notshanarishona

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 4:56 pm
T mobile reception varies by the city. Verizon so far in my experience works everywhere

N'sMom

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:43 am
Bump!

groovy1224

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:48 am
N'sMom wrote:
Bump!

I think this promotion ended a few days ago

N'sMom

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 9:55 am
I was in there yesterday again and spoke to someone there about the promotion. The person I spoke to didn't say it was ending anytime soon. Perhaps it its different at the branch where you live.

oliveoil

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 11:44 am
I use MetroPCS which runs off TMobile towers and have great reception. I even spent Pesach in a really off the beaten path kinda place and had full service at all times there too.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics