Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
4 month old with babysitter for a few hours at night

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 3:46 pm
I have my sisters wedding and don’t want to keep my 4 month old with me a whole time as it’s too noisy and she will be kvetchy. Would you trust a high school girl to watch this age baby for a few hours like 7pm to 11pm? Never left her with a young babysitter

allthingsblue

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 3:47 pm
Yes I would if the girl is responsible.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 3:48 pm
If she has experience with babies, sure.

SuperWify

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 6:47 pm
Why don’t you have the girl watch your baby in the hall?

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 6:53 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Why don’t you have the girl watch your baby in the hall?

She’s watching my other older sleeping kids at my parents house so I would have to pay 2 babysitters then....

amother
Wine

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 7:02 pm
If it's such a close wedding, I'm assuming you will be leaving the house before they go to sleep. I don't think a stranger (for the kids) and 3 little kids is fair. Never mind a newborn.

cuffs

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 7:10 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
If it's such a close wedding, I'm assuming you will be leaving the house before they go to sleep. I don't think a stranger (for the kids) and 3 little kids is fair. Never mind a newborn.

Why are you jumping to conclusions? She said her older kids will be asleep and who said the babysitter is a stranger?!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 7:16 pm
My parents house is a 5 min drive from the hall. My kids will all be with me forsure for pictures and badeken. I will then take them to my parents house and put them to bed. The question is if I should bring the baby too

cuffs

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 7:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My parents house is a 5 min drive from the hall. My kids will all be with me forsure for pictures and badeken. I will then take them to my parents house and put them to bed. The question is if I should bring the baby too

From experience of stressing over the baby at the hall I would leave the baby at your parents house if your able. This way you can have those few hours so enjoy. I tend to always be checking on the baby when she's at the hall with a babysitter

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 7:23 pm
No, I would personally find an older woman to do it. I'm not comfortable leaving such a young baby with a teenager no matter how many siblings or nephews she has.

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 7:33 pm
Personally I wouldn't mind a high school girl but only at the hall.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics