Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Please explain it to me, another mmr post
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:22 pm
Please explain who is it a danger to.
If all the kids in school are vaccinated and 1 child isn’t, wouldn’t the vaccinated children be safe?

Just to be clear
1. I’m not an anti-vaxxer
2. All my children got their vaccine on time
3. All my children are adults with their own vaccinated children.

I just want to understand why it would be dangerous to have the anti vax children in school.

Isn’t the reason for the vaccine not to catch these diseases? Or is there a flaw in the vaccine?

Sorry if I’m naive but please explain in simple terms.

If you tell me the babies and elderly are at risk, neither are in school with these children.

Fabulous

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:28 pm
yes, there is a flaw in the vaccine. First of all, children from age 1-4 only got the first shot, which is slightly less effective. Secondly, even if you got both, there is still a possibility that it didn't take with some people, so the fewer people that could possibly infect others the better.

My whole family is fully vaccinated and over shabbos my baby (little less than two) got a strange rash all over his body. I immediately panicked and thought measles, especially because he had a small cold and fever last week (but he was also teething) and my husband asked how it could be if he got the vaccine, it could still be. Bh it was just viral after looking up online and texting pics and symptoms to the doctor and bh it's already almost gone.

So yes, even if the kids in school are vaccinated, they can still catch it. Can they catch if from someone vaccinated too? yes, but a much, much smaller chance. Also, you don't know every child's situation in school. Some may be immunocompromised and can't get the shot. What about the teachers who are pregnant? What about the kids who are vaccinated, but become carriers because they caught it from someone unvaccinated and bring it home to their families?

ectomorph

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:29 pm
Hello PEACH propaganda writers. I have to hand it to you, you are dedicated to v hammering out your daily quota.

momofqts

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:30 pm
1) pregnant teachers are at high risk.
2)Vaccines are only effective if the masses get them. They never work 100%. Measles spreads so quickly. A few people who are not immune to it can keep spreading it. Which is what is happening now.
3) the unvaxxed child who is in school is also in shul, the park. The stores etc... the govt does not have control over any of them except the school.

ectomorph

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:31 pm
momofqts wrote:
2)Vaccines are only effective if the masses get them. They never work 100%. Measles spreads so quickly. A few people who are not immune to it can keep spreading it. Which is what is happening now.
3) the unvaxxed child who is in school is also in shul, the park. The stores etc... the govt does not have control over any of them except the school.

More important, are you really a mom of quinta?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:33 pm
Fabulous wrote:
yes, there is a flaw in the vaccine. First of all, children from age 1-4 only got the first shot, which is slightly less effective. Secondly, even if you got both, there is still a possibility that it didn't take with some people, so the fewer people that could possibly infect others the better.

My whole family is fully vaccinated and over shabbos my baby (little less than two) got a strange rash all over his body. I immediately panicked and thought measles, especially because he had a small cold and fever last week (but he was also teething) and my husband asked how it could be if he got the vaccine, it could still be. Bh it was just viral after looking up online and texting pics and symptoms to the doctor and bh it's already almost gone.

So yes, even if the kids in school are vaccinated, they can still catch it. Can they catch if from someone vaccinated too? yes, but a much, much smaller chance. Also, you don't know every child's situation in school. Some may be immunocompromised and can't get the shot. What about the teachers who are pregnant? What about the kids who are vaccinated, but become carriers because they caught it from someone unvaccinated and bring it home to their families?

Just want to point out that a pregnant woman (or anyone) whose vaccine expired or didn't "take" is just as much unvaccinated as any other unvaccinated person.

Fabulous

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:33 pm
ectomorph wrote:
More important, are you really a mom of quinta?

isn't qts shorthand for cuties?

Fabulous

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:34 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Just want to point out that a pregnant woman (or anyone) whose vaccine expired or didn't "take" is just as much unvaccinated as any other unvaccinated person.

true, but she can't get the shot, as far as I understand, and the risk if she catches it is much worse than the average woman her age that is not pregnant.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:37 pm
momofqts wrote:

Yes. This is where the whole vaccine plan has messed up really badly. This could have been avoided had these pg women had measles as children. They would subsequently also be able to protect their infants via breastfeeding and the worry of "under a yr and can't be vaccinated" would not exist.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:39 pm
ectomorph wrote:
Hello PEACH propaganda writers. I have to hand it to you, you are dedicated to v hammering out your daily quota.

If you have nothing of value to say then stay quiet. You must have used the word propaganda at least 10 times in the past 2 days.. People are asking questions and want answers. If you don't have any answers stay out of the thread. Yelling propaganda will not change anybody's mind. I'm trying to word my post the least hurtful possible because I would hate to hurt you. But. you. are. just. not. stopping.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:39 pm
Fabulous wrote:
true, but she can't get the shot, as far as I understand, and the risk if she catches it is much worse than the average woman her age that is not pregnant.

For sure. She (a pg woman) was irresponsible by not making sure she was immune prior to getting pregnant. Or maybe it isn't her fault since she got 2 mmrs and expected to be immune - in which case the blame goes to the vaccine manufacturers.

nchr

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:42 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
If you have nothing of value to say then stay quiet. You must have used the word propaganda at least 10 times in the past 2 days.. People are asking questions and want answers. If you don't have any answers stay out of the thread. Yelling propaganda will not change anybody's mind. I'm trying to word my post the least hurtful possible because I would hate to hurt you. But. you. are. just. not. stopping.

Her post in valuable because it raises that point that what is being written may not be genuine and may be a result of an agenda. Imas make posts all the time, but writing something to intentionally further an agenda or to disperse more propaganda is an abuse of amother and this website. It's important readers know this may very well be happening here.

People can still respond, and doing so, especially with scientific facts is very beneficially, but she has a right to call out an anonymous poster and to warn other readers that the post may not be as benign as it seems.

yksraya

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:45 pm
There are some children that due to medical reasons or allergies, they can't get vaccinated. Also, for a small percentage kids, the shot isn't enough. Or kids that have compromised immunity due to illness. If they come in contact with someone who has measles, they too get measles. It's safer for those kids to be kept home till this epidemic ends.
Mothers in these situations fully understand why their kids are safer at home, and they are not the ones complaining.

The ones complaining are the ones that choose not to vaccinate for no concrete reason other than some brainwashing or defiance to the system.

Sunny Days

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:46 pm
For sure. She (a pg woman) was irresponsible by not making sure she was immune prior to getting pregnant. Or maybe it isn't her fault since she got 2 mmrs and expected to be immune - in which case the blame goes to the vaccine manufacturers.

No blame to noone. vaccine industry is clear with their recommendations and percentage of it being effective.
and to above amother blaming vaccines on fact that pregnant women are in bad spot because had they gotten measles. Umm. whats the point of this comment? aren't we trying to eradicate this? aren't we trying to avoid people from getting measles in the first place?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:46 pm
nchr wrote:
Her post in valuable because it raises that point that what is being written may not be genuine and may be a result of an agenda. Imas make posts all the time, but writing something to intentionally further an agenda or to disperse more propaganda is an abuse of amother and this website. It's important readers know this may very well be happening here.

People can still respond, and doing so, especially with scientific facts is very beneficially, but she has a right to call out an anonymous poster and to warn other readers that the post may not be as benign as it seems.

The woman asked a question, for heavens sake. And she said she vaccinates. Can nobody ask any questions anymore without being labeled an antivaxxer, idiot, or conspiracy theorist?? Are we not allowed to think anymore?

trixx

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:52 pm

I'm immune but no one ever told me, not even my obgyn, to make sure of that before getting pregnant. Either they took it for granted or didn't think it was important or it didn't occur to them. Literally had no idea til I saw my own prenatal lab results (my obgyn did read it to me)

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:55 pm
Yes. This is where the whole vaccine plan has messed up really badly. This could have been avoided had these pg women had measles as children. They would subsequently also be able to protect their infants via breastfeeding and the worry of "under a yr and can't be vaccinated" would not exist.

1. Not every woman is able to breastfeed.

2. I guess you wouldn’t have to worry about the unborn children of some females...because they never got the chance to live until adulthood.

doodlesmom

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:58 pm
The problem is besides the ones stated above, that most schools have more than one unvaccinated child and that spreads disease which is the opposite of what we want.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 10:01 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
No blame to noone. vaccine industry is clear with their recommendations and percentage of it being effective.
and to above amother blaming vaccines on fact that pregnant women are in bad spot because had they gotten measles. Umm. whats the point of this comment? aren't we trying to eradicate this? aren't we trying to avoid people from getting measles in the first place?

But with the huge percentage of vaccine failure, we're nowhere close to eradicating measles. Even in the year measles was declared eradicated (from the US only), there were 86 cases. And therefore, logic dictates that for the safety of our future pregnant mothers who are now little girls, we allow them to get measles. Benign childhood illness is how it was known before the vaccine. That is, benign in childhood. Why don't we take advantage of that instead of waiting for the danger of measles in adulthood?!

amother
Sienna

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 10:04 pm
But with the huge percentage of vaccine failure, we're nowhere close to eradicating measles. Even in the year measles was declared eradicated (from the US only), there were 86 cases. And therefore, logic dictates that for the safety of our future pregnant mothers who are now little girls, we allow them to get measles. Benign childhood illness is how it was known before the vaccine. That is, benign in childhood. Why don't we take advantage of that instead of waiting for the danger of measles in adulthood?!

Benign in childhood? Oh I will tell that to the one yeAr old on oxygen now suffering from measles in the hospital
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics