Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can someone explain the appeal of Balenciaga sneakers?
1  2  Next

allthingsblue

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 7:52 pm
Why do women spend $600-700 on a pair of sneakers that look just like the rest of the sock sneakers out there, except it says "Balenciaga" on them? They can't be hundreds of dollars more comfortable than $150 brands such as Nike. They aren't a work of art, or unique. They aren't classy. What's the appeal?

amother
Ginger

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:10 pm
Are you sure they really are paying that much? AliExpress sells the same ones with a Balenciaga logo. Just saying...

justmarried:)

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:13 pm
It’s the same things s anything else brand name

Pelli

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:15 pm
Maybe they get it at an outlet store? With lots of coupons? Can't understand it either. My neighbor is a 5 year old wearing them. I can't believe it's even real. Why would someone spend that much on it? It looks exactly the same that you can get on Ali albeit w diff name on it.

Einikel

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:16 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Why do women spend $600-700 on a pair of sneakers that look just like the rest of the sock sneakers out there, except it says "Balenciaga" on them? They can't be hundreds of dollars more comfortable than $150 brands such as Nike. They aren't a work of art, or unique. They aren't classy. What's the appeal?

It’s all in the name. That’s it.

My4Jewels

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:17 pm
Those same people buy moncler coats. No way are those coats $600 warmer than a marmot or north face. How about the red bottom high heels? It’s for the name so everyone can know how expensive their shoes are.

abaker

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:45 pm
I had to look up what these sneakers are, and they are so not my style. Wouldn't wear them if they were $25. And on the website it displays in Canadian dollars for me and so it comes up over $1100!!! People are really buying these things? How much do the kids ones run?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:54 pm
They are so horrible looking, I wouldn't even get it for cheap. It's not made to wear out of the house, it looks disgusting.

pizza4

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 8:54 pm
I just heard about sock sneakers! Never heard this name though. They are kind of weird looking to me.

MiracleMama

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:07 pm
Never heard of them. Just googled and OMG they are ugly. I don't get it. I thought I spent a lot on my running shoes. Not anymore. My Brooks and Hokas are a bargain! LOL

essie14

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 9:37 pm
Same as any fashion trend.....
When we were kids in the 80s and 90s white sneakers HAD to have that tiny blue Keds label. The Payless ones were EXACTLY the same for 1/3 the price.

agreer

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 10:03 pm
So people know they have money. It's to give off a certain impression.

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 10:27 pm
Haven't seen them around, but just looked them up. They are kind of cute in my opinion. Very comfortable and chilled looking. I would totally wear something like that on a chill day with a sweatshirt and long slinky skirt. That said, I don't see why someone would wear them as an everyday shoe, or as a better shoe. As a jogging shoe or if you work in a summer camp, ok. Does not look worth that price at all.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 4:20 am
I was wondering what those knitted high top shoes were in the local store.
They weren’t that brand but same idea.

allthingsblue

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 4:29 am
yidisheh mama wrote:
Haven't seen them around, but just looked them up. They are kind of cute in my opinion. Very comfortable and chilled looking. I would totally wear something like that on a chill day with a sweatshirt and long slinky skirt. That said, I don't see why someone would wear them as an everyday shoe, or as a better shoe. As a jogging shoe or if you work in a summer camp, ok. Does not look worth that price at all.

Thing is, they come in all price ranges. If you're looking for that style, you can find it for $50...
And wow I had no idea AliExpress sold them but it's kinda odd to me still... at least I know it's possible they didn't spend that much $$$...

Btw red soled shoes I understand. I'd never buy them but they are nice, and add a certain sophistication to an outfit. Studded Valentino shoes I understand. Beautiful Ferragamo shoes I understand. But a sneaker that looks exactly like the others except it brags to be $$$... I just don't get it.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:27 am
essie14 wrote:
Same as any fashion trend.....
When we were kids in the 80s and 90s white sneakers HAD to have that tiny blue Keds label. The Payless ones were EXACTLY the same for 1/3 the price.

And when Payless rented a fancy store, called it Palessi, and charged $600 a pair for $30 shoes, they sold like hotcakes (as the saying goes).
Some shoe stores here in Monsey have shoes that are well over $100 but you are paying for the quantity and fit. It is worth it to me to have an experienced shoe fitter check the fit.
Any shoes over $200 that aren't custom made or prescription, are simply inflated prices for snob appeal.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 5:42 am
The other day I saw a woman at the bank, who was wearing those sock boots. The boots were beige, and the toes were all grubby looking.

All I could think of was "How incredibly unpractical. They are impossible to keep clean!" The rest of her outfit looked very chic and pulled together, but the dirty shoes just ruined it.

HeartyAppetite

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 11:07 pm
AliExpress has them with the symbol for $21.
Most women are not spending $800!

US $19.46 31% Off | VSIOVRY 2019 New Spring Autumn Socks Sneakers Men Casual Shoes Knit Upper Breathable Men Krasovki Summer Male Walking Sneakers
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cP7Ml77i

And btw, most people are buying their monclair coats on AliExpress as well.

southernbubby

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 5:47 am
HeartyAppetite wrote:
AliExpress has them with the symbol for $21.
Most women are not spending $800!

US $19.46 31% Off | VSIOVRY 2019 New Spring Autumn Socks Sneakers Men Casual Shoes Knit Upper Breathable Men Krasovki Summer Male Walking Sneakers
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cP7Ml77i

And btw, most people are buying their monclair coats on AliExpress as well.

They are probably counterfeit so they may not be on there very long.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 6:03 am
Wow it's crazy to me that people buy these things on Ali. Whatever floats their boat, I guess!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics