Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Tired of nightly cleanup!

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 11:22 pm
How do I not get sick and tired of nightly cleanup? I have tried giving out jobs to all my kids but then I spend all night reminding them abt their jobs and somehow there is still work left for me ! Kitchen counters, floor, dishwasher, laundry up or down , blah blah blah. Is there any way keep this nightly cleanup thing exciting ? Or even better do away with it ?

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 1:40 am
It's so hard! I still haven't figured out how to consistently get the kids to clean up after themselves in the kitchen either.
They help Erev Shabbos and manage to keep the playroom and their bedrooms in order (sometimes I need to remind them) but the kitchen... It always falls on me. Maybe because they know I'll clean up the kitchen but not their rooms.
Wish I could let go enough to get them to do what they have to and still maintain a clean kitchen without it all being on me.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 3:08 am
It’s nice for kids to help, but it’s your responsibility, IMO.
if you give off vibes that this is something you despise, of course they won’t want to help.
Can you try to enjoy it a bit more?
Chances are they’ll join in once they see it’s not so unpleasant.

Surrendered

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 3:14 am
Yes. I hired a high school girl as a mothers helper.
She folds laundry, dishes, counters, tables, floor... comes to evening, after dinner when I am already shot. I've got no energy to clean up anymore. The older kids (no teens yet) refuse to help then. (I rely on their help anough).
I've got several little hands to wash off and put to bed bh. So while I put them to bed, she cleans and all are happy. It's worth the investment.

lucky14

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 3:16 am
It's just routine for me. Clean off diningroom table, load dishwasher, tidy up kitchen, do a load of laundry or two, pack up lunches for next day. It's just part of having a home and family. I do it as quickly as possible and then reward myself by relaxing with a book or my computer for an hour or two before going to sleep. I can't think of a way to actually make it exciting... it isn't. It's just part of life and necessary in order for it to be pleasant to live in the house.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 3:38 am
Stage in life and ages of children make a huge difference in the response here.
I don't have a dishwasher, and do loads of loads of laundry . I also prepare DH and children's lunches for next day. I do alot throughout the day and in the evening. I still have loads of loads if work to clean up.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics