Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood Imas- please help

amother
OP

Post Tue, Apr 30 2019, 1:55 pm
Doing some research for lakewood Cheders for my son . Working on mesoros Avos , stolin, and satmar (old satmar). Don’t know too many people in lakewood that have boys so would love to find out.
Any info about the parent body, Rebbe’s , and education in any of these Cheder’s would be greatly appreciated!!!

amother
Bronze

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 11:28 am
They all have different type of crowds hard to describe Stolin is suppose to be very warm nice yeshiva nice education. Warm rebbeim They are the newest of the 3 they have been around about 3-4 years. They dont have all grades yet. But lots of the parents are stolin. Old satmar a lot of a chinuch crowd around for the longest time. The families I know that send there are old time Lakewood. Mesores avos most chasidish Yiddish speaking crowd. Big yeshivah so they have a lot of different services for children has a good education. but tough menhal. Rebels are some very good some realy horrible I heard people are going to newer schools because there no one to talk to there and they dont respect the parents. Hard to get in so parents feel happy they got in but once I. Not so happy

I dont send my son to any of these I looked into all these schools plus more and I made my decision based what I heard. I found many parents to just be greatful they had a yeshiva for there son. I know at least two people in each of these schools and this is what they have said about them.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 12:22 pm
What are your highest values? What are the components that the Yeshiva must have?

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 12:27 pm
We send to the Cheder and love it!
I wouldn’t have even considered the other Yeshivas you mentioned.
We are a very yeshivish family ...

Cmon be nice

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 12:54 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
We send to the Cheder and love it!
I wouldn’t have even considered the other Yeshivas you mentioned.
We are a very yeshivish family ...

When she wrote cheders I think she meant as in schools, not the Lakewood cheder as she mentioned 3 chasidush schools by name

amother
Plum

Post Fri, May 03 2019, 4:39 pm
I send to Stolin, it is absolutely the warmest most incredible Yeshiva around. The parent body is a mix of Stolin and not, it’s mostly a simpler crowd. The Menahel, Rebbeim and hanhala are there for the children, work with the parents, and go above and beyond in every way. Be warned though, it’s already incredibly difficult to get in. The oldest grade is 3rd grade.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 9:57 am
OP here , thanks for your replies. We are heimish chassidish. We live in bp and send to Vien now (very happy there) . Iyh moving for upcoming year and had interviews by both places . Heard nice things about both. I’m
Not sure if stolin is too yeshivish for us and maybe mesoros avos too chassidish.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 10:17 am
I send to old Satmar and I'm very happy. But my son is only in kindergarten. The crowd is old time Lakewood like another poster said. I, myself, am from Lakewood, but my brothers went to litvish schools. The crowd is simple and not fancy. To give you an idea, in kindergarten, about 1/2-2/3 of kids have krasidike payes, the rest have behind their ears. As they get older, more kids start putting their payos up/ curling then behind their ears, so at bar mitzvah very few kids have payos curled in front of their ears. In the younger grades, non velvet yarmulkes in solid colors are acceptable as are white/colored sneakers and tee shirts and shorts. I haven't met many of the mothers but they all drive, no covered shaitels, shaitels probably range from shoulder length to a a free inches down the back. Not much very very long shaitels.
The school is old fashioned which has benefits and negatives. Benefits are that they are not snobby at all, about family's, frumkeit, balabatishness etc. They trust their parents, and they let kids be kids. They don't freak out every time a kid misbehaves or doesn't conform. They've seen it all. So far, the only downside I found is that I feel there is less than adequate supervision on the playground.
While Stolin was not the right fit for my family, I've heard only the best things about it. Very very warm. They work with the parents. It is a heavily Stoliner crowd. Mesoros avos is a fancier school. The crowd is probably both more chassidish and "cooler" at the same time. It is a more in school, but I have heard that it is difficult to work with the hanhalla there.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 10:19 am
I just wanted to add that I think, coming from vienn, you would probably fit into any of these schools.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics