Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Did u buy Beds w. frames on 4 sides from Katz Lakewood?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 11:50 pm
O got Beds with frames (covered with faux leather) on all 4 sides, and they came with narrower mattresses, supposedly purposely to have space to tuck in the comforter on both sides, when the bed is made.

The width of the mattresses is a few inches narrower than the inside of the bed frame.

Katz says thats done to leave room to tuck in the comforter when bed is made, for a "nice look".

Does this make sense?

When you sleep on these beds, your hand goes through the area between the mattresses and the bed frame.

Has anyone seen beds like these?

I thought beds had wrong size mattresses (too narrow).

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 12:27 pm
B U M P

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 1:38 pm
I haven't seen them but did you check if the mattresses fit standard 48" fitted sheets snugly or if they are loose and saggy?

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 1:42 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I haven't seen them but did you check if the mattresses fit standard 48" fitted sheets snugly or if they are loose and saggy?

These are twin size beds, and the sheets fit perfectly.

The problem is the mattresses shift around in the much larger four-sided bed frame, supposedly to leave room to tuck in the comforter for a "neat look".

Ive never heard of this, but I never bought a modern looking bed with a four-sided bed frame before.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 1:48 pm
It sounds like the frame wasn't made right. Maybe you can put no slip grips on bottom of the mattresses to stop them from moving around.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 1:58 pm
A bed does not belong this way. Seems like the beds are not made right & they're trying to get rid of them by fooling customers into buying them.
I can't see how comforters look nicer made when the frame is bigger than the mattress.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 2:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
These are twin size beds, and the sheets fit perfectly.

The problem is the mattresses shift around in the much larger four-sided bed frame, supposedly to leave room to tuck in the comforter for a "neat look".

Ive never heard of this, but I never bought a modern looking bed with a four-sided bed frame before.

Why don't you browse for similar beds online, and check the dimensions posted? Compare them against yours, and you'll have an answer.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 2:05 pm
Good idea.

I searched and found this photo online.

They look something like this, and obviously if you want to tuck even the thinnest comforter in, there has to be a gap between the mattress and the bed frame.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 2:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Good idea.

I searched and found this photo online.

They look something like this, and obviously if you want to tuck even the thinnest comforter in, there has to be a gap between the mattress and the bed frame.

So based on that, is the gap too big? Can you ask the salesman you dealt with, what you're supposed to do about the shifting mattress?

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 7:16 pm
really not nice to post the name of a store and imply that they sold you substandard goods. Especially since based on the picture it appears to be perfectly fine.

I have actually seen beds like that. Without the space you wouldn't see the design on the bedframe.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 7:42 pm
The bed in the picture is a different type of bed. The matress goes snuggly INTO the bed so it can't move around. Not ONTO the bed so it can move around.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics