Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Self tanners

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 10:11 am
So, I'm as pale as they come. Sometimes the very lightest shade of foundation in a cosmetic company is still too dark for me. And I have average brown hair, so my fairness is very obvious.

I've been using Jergens natural self tanner, but I can't get it right on my neck! I love the look of being slightly tanned, and I value my skin too much to get real sun.

I've been exfoliating my face every 5-6 days, and then using the Jergens self tanner twice on the first day, and then every other day, then starting over.

But, try as I might, I can't get it even on my neck, so I've just been putting it on my face, and using so little, that the contrast between my face and neck isn't much. Any tips? I tried a St. Tropez mist, but it hardly did anything at all. I've googled, but I'm not finding any great ideas!

amother
Jade

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 10:18 am
I like the color of Arbonne's self-tanner more than Jergen's, though I haven't used the latter in years. I don't have this issue, maybe because the formula spreads more easily?

aliavi

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 10:19 am
Can you use the mist you tried and use it twice? The St Tropez foam is consistently raved about. Some makeup and clothing colors are less likely to highlight pale skin tone.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 10:20 am
I use luxe the face, which you add to your mousturizer or serum, and I’m very happy with it.

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 10:20 am
Honestly, I am also super fair so I just decided to embrace it. I take care of my skin, wear Bare Minerals makeup (invisible bronzer is awesome), add a nice glow with a highlighter etc, and just embrace my skin!

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 10:32 am
Look at Instagram tutorials from makeup artists

Makeupgoldie
Wandsandbrushes
Makeupbybatya

There are many mire

Israeli_C

Post Tue, May 07 2019, 10:34 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Honestly, I am also super fair so I just decided to embrace it. I take care of my skin, wear Bare Minerals makeup (invisible bronzer is awesome), add a nice glow with a highlighter etc, and just embrace my skin!

This! I'm a super pale redhead and tbh I prefer the pale look to tanned skin

Ruchel

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 6:28 am
Love being far. Marilyn Monroe is fair!

amother
Peach

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 8:26 am
I've learned to embrace my fair skin. Finding the color palette in terms of clothes and makeup makes all the difference (I happen to gravitate toward those colors and a make up artist asked me if I ever had my palette done).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics