Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Staycation rates NYC? -Booked -Never mind!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 8:02 am
Eta- found a place with a friend- never mind!
Does anyone know of any good deals for someone with a NYC id to stay in lower Manhattan/Brooklyn heights area for about a week and a half? We recently moved out, but I need to come visit and be in that area for work. I'm aware of Airbnb but need something definitely reliable.

TIA!

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 8:30 am
That's not a staycation.

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 8:36 am
No it's not a staycation for me if I moved out a few months ago but I haven't yet changed my ID. I'm still a resident for a lot of purposes and wanted to know if anyone know of hotel rates for NYC residents.

Some family members invited me to stay in their living room which was really sweet but I don't think that'll be comfortable for anyone.

doctorima

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 9:21 am
I've never heard of a hotel in NYC having cheaper rates for local residents. If there is such a thing, I'd love to know about it, so please let us know if you find something.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 9:29 am
doctorima wrote:
I've never heard of a hotel in NYC having cheaper rates for local residents. If there is such a thing, I'd love to know about it, so please let us know if you find something.

Apparently the Lombardy does, "subject to availability." http://lombardyhotel.com/specials-packages/ But I certainly never heard of it before googling!

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 08 2019, 10:16 am
Found a place but will leave this is in case anyone wants to discuss. I know cruises offer discounts to locals. I know you can get discounts with NYC id. I'm not sure how hotels work, but maybe if you call and ask they'd give you. They know locals don't have the necessity factor, but they sometimes like building the relationship - can be worth it if a room is empty and they think the local might every so often stop in.

Not sure if it would've been moral to use my ID after I left even though it's pretty soon after, but anyway, found a place.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries