Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Weird numbers before a lot of my contacts

mashcsch

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 2:39 pm
So a lot of my contacts in my phone (android) have a bunch of random, weird numbers before them. For ex: for my mother, used to say mommy and then her phone number. Now it says 15550949...... a bunch more numbers, then it says mommy and her phone number. Under it in smaller it has 2 other series of numbers.... I think this may have happened the first time my phone offered for me to merge duplicate contacts and I did. I went to Verizon but the tech guy there had never seen this before. He downloaded an app onto my phone to merge duplicate contacts which I did but it did not help the situation. Anyone familiar with this? I tried to Google this but couldn't find anything similar.

baker1

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 3:20 pm
I have the same issue!!!!

baker1

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 3:22 pm
Do you have tag on your phone? I have a gentech filter. I wonder if it could be related, I also tried to google it but could not find anything. My contacts are all messed up too- some contacts are listed 20 times.

I wish I could do something about it, it's so frustrating!!!

SixOfWands

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 3:23 pm
mashcsch wrote:
So a lot of my contacts in my phone (android) have a bunch of random, weird numbers before them. For ex: for my mother, used to say mommy and then her phone number. Now it says 15550949...... a bunch more numbers, then it says mommy and her phone number. Under it in smaller it has 2 other series of numbers.... I think this may have happened the first time my phone offered for me to merge duplicate contacts and I did. I went to Verizon but the tech guy there had never seen this before. He downloaded an app onto my phone to merge duplicate contacts which I did but it did not help the situation. Anyone familiar with this? I tried to Google this but couldn't find anything similar.

No experience, but try running an anti-virus program.

I know that computer ransomware changes file extensions. This sounds at least vaguely similar.

fraimal

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 3:35 pm
baker1 wrote:
Do you have tag on your phone? I have a gentech filter. I wonder if it could be related, I also tried to google it but could not find anything. My contacts are all messed up too- some contacts are listed 20 times.

I wish I could do something about it, it's so frustrating!!!

I have gentech and don't have this issue. After they installed the filter, I had to log back in to my Google account, synch it, and then import my contacts. Worked perfectly

applesbananas

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 4:23 pm
I have this exact issue. I realized when I typed my husbands name into my contact and he didnt show up !
Samsung with GenTech

esther36

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 11:53 pm
Im having the same exact issue! I have an Android with at&t service and it just started from one day to the next. Really strange!

mashcsch

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 7:59 am
So we have a few of us with this issue and no answers!! Lol!! Well, if anyone figures this out please remember to post!!

smile4ever

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 9:29 am
Samsung with gentech too, my missed calls come up with the phone number followed by the string of numbers. It drives me crazy! A relatively new problem (I think since I updated the phone app..)
Would love to hear how to fix it too!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics