Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Kew Gardens Hills housing and school costs

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:05 am
Can you rent a 2-bedroom apartment in the frum areas? What is the cost range for 2 bedroom? What is the cost range for 3-bedroom? I don't need anything fancy but I do want something in nice condition to live in.

What is tuition like in the local Bais Yaakov? What financial aid is available?

Thank you.

dorothy1

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:29 am
There are 2 bedroom apartments and they go for around $2000. I’m not sure of 3 bedrooms , but I’d guess $2200-$2300.

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:48 am
Thanks.

I also want to add, are there families living in apartments or only young kollel couples and the like? I have a small family (not growing) and I don't want my (growing) kids to feel different if everyone else they know lives in houses.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 8:21 am
Wow rent has gone up. We left 5 1/2 years ago and rent for a 2 bedroom was about $1600 a month.
Plenty of people live in apartment because housing is so expensive. Many started as kollel, but then went to work and stayed in their apartments.
I didn't have any school aged girls when I lived there, but the boys' school definitely gave tuition breaks.
I don't know tuition now, but for elementary school boys 5 1/2 years ago, tuition was between $8k and $9k for base tuition. Then we paid $650 registration fee per kid that did not go toward tuition, plus a few other fees that were on top of tuition. The bottom line was closer to $10k-11k for full tuition plus fees at the time.

amother
Natural

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 8:29 am
We live in kgh. We started out in kollel and moved to a 2 bedroom without w/d when our second was a few months old. Still here and we just had # 4. For a 2 bedroom now rent is like $2000 give or take depending on location and condition. Houses are generally 3 bedroom and are in the mid to upper 2s and up. Depends if you rent the basement or not. I only have boys so I don’t know bais yaakov tuition. As far as 3 bedroom apts there was one across the street from me that just rented out for upper 2s... happens to be there is another one available without w/d but it’s not modern and updated... I don’t think the landlord plans on doing any major work on it either...
I love queens but can’t afford the real estate... we are looking to move somewhere more affordable..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries