Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Financial advice- investing
Previous  1  2

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 7:24 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
When you use Etrade (which I recommend), you pay $7 per trade. There is no rule that you have to buy any specific amount. If you want to buy half a share of a stock, you can.

For all those women who feel that individual stocks is too risky, I just want to tell you that we know three people personally who just invest in stocks and don't work. At all. One person sold his business and put all the money into google. When Google dropped from $600 to $300 a share, he didn't panic. He kept the money in Google until it went back up.

I know a second person who invested in only Home Depot only for 20 years. He is living off his investments now.

We have a neighbor who invests in just the "Big 3", Amazon, Google and Apple. (Interestingly enough, my dh's friends each have their own definition of the "Big 3", so you have to use your own judgment. He is a multi-millionaire.

Anyway, you can invest in just half a stock. Amazon is the only stock I would recommend right now. That could change.

My father invested in 1 stock 20 years ago and it went up and he is now living off that income. He says he was lucky and will tell everyone that it was a mistake to do so. It's important to diversify.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics