Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
What’s the worst children’s book you have read?
  Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12

amother
Jade

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:40 pm
Not a big fan of Potok, but that is the best (most realistic) of his books imo. Funny you mention offbeat choice for a BY girl, because that's where I came across his books...in my high school library. Smile

This was early 90s and once they hired a full time librarian, I think she purged a bunch of stuff. Which was too bad, there were a lot of interesting (not necessarily inappropriate) books that I never would have come across in the public library, mostly because they were old and outdated or were odd Judaica type books.

Kiwi13

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 11:27 pm
I didn’t like The Chosen.

Kiwi13

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:52 am
I remembered a fun book I was briefly obsessed with as a kid... The B Book (Betenstain Bears?) I had a bunch of it memorized and I still have it seared into my memory... “Big brown bear, beautiful baboon. Blowing bubbles. Biking backwards... I forgot a bunch of the middle... bump black bugs banana boxes (or something like that?)... and that’s what broke baby bird’s balloon. (I think?) it’s been a gazillion years.

Also I liked Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and the full version of Go Dogs Go. (Do you like my party hat?... now it is night. Sleep dogs sleep... and of course the dog party!)

Kiwi13

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:53 am
Oh! And what was that book about the magic pot where everything they put in it came out double? I LOVED that one!

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 6:55 am
dancingqueen wrote:
This doesn’t make it the worst per se, but I was reading my kids those frum rhyming books- go to a doctor, go to the park. And the doctor one comes on so strong, mentions at least 3 times that the one who really heals is Hashem not the doctor. I wonder why they came on SO strong with that message.

Off topic, but I have that book and the doctor in it looks so much like my pediatrician it was creepy. And then I found out that the illustrator used my pediatrician as the model for the picture.

cbsp

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 7:52 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
Off topic, but I have that book and the doctor in it looks so much like my pediatrician it was creepy. And then I found out that the illustrator used my pediatrician as the model for the picture.

Yup, it says so in the book!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 7:54 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
I remembered a fun book I was briefly obsessed with as a kid... The B Book (Betenstain Bears?) I had a bunch of it memorized and I still have it seared into my memory... “Big brown bear, beautiful baboon. Blowing bubbles. Biking backwards... I forgot a bunch of the middle... bump black bugs banana boxes (or something like that?)... and that’s what broke baby bird’s balloon. (I think?) it’s been a gazillion years.

Also I liked Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and the full version of Go Dogs Go. (Do you like my party hat?... now it is night. Sleep dogs sleep... and of course the dog party!)

The full version of Go Dog Go? Is there an abridged version?
And yes, I loved it too.

Kiwi13

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 8:04 am
PinkFridge wrote:
The full version of Go Dog Go? Is there an abridged version?
And yes, I loved it too.

Yes, there’s a smaller version that’s one of those pocket sized books. It skips most of the story. So sad. Lol.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 8:13 am
Kiwi13 wrote:
Yes, there’s a smaller version that’s one of those pocket sized books. It skips most of the story. So sad. Lol.

Oh, I want to hug this post!

dancingqueen

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 8:48 am
cbsp wrote:
Cuz it's the truth?

Ok, just a little heavy handed for my tastes, that’s all. But I am glad those books have pictures of girls and women!

Laiya

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 8:48 am
Cheaper by the Dozen. I loved it!
Page 12 of 12   Previous  1  2  3  10  11  12 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children