Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
What randomness did you sweep up off your floors today?

raich

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 6:59 pm
Most Thursday nights find me chuckling over the randomness I sweep up off my floors when I'm prepping to mop.

Tonight, alongside the plastic cup, two plastic spoons, green crayon nub, and of course dust and paper debris, were:

two half used glue sticks
a pair of underwear
a pair of balled up socks, used status unknown
a fidget spinner (who else still has those lying around??)
an oar from a Playmobil boat
a plastic milk jug cover
a spice shaker of bay leaves
an oversized plastic coin that no matter how many times I throw down to the basement ends back up on my counter or kitchen floor (likely by my coin-obsessed son who thinks this one is the coolest thing ever)

What did you sweep up off of your floors today?

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 7:57 pm
Nothing too random.

Sports equipment (sports obsessed son has tons of energy to play sports, but zero energy to put his stuff where they belong).
A pair of socks, one in kitchen, one in living room...
Smashed Cheerios

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:21 pm
Besides the usual... I cleaned up a lot of the internal organs from an ancient torn stuffed animal that ds adopted when we went to the in laws for pesach.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:22 pm
a bottle of augmentin embarrassed
lucky I found it 15 minutes before the dose was due- otherwise I wouldn't dream of looking under the dining room table.
Now I have to check with the pharmacy if ok to use after being out 12 hrs (we got 3 bottles- so were covered for tonight)

My son went into my husbands bed with the random toys/prize container and dropped it all over the bedroom floor so as I was sweeping up under the bed I found all these lovely junk pieces that should find their way to the garbage (dreidlach, small magnetic board, those spinning toys that you shoot up etc etc).

Sunny Days

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:23 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
Besides the usual... I cleaned up a lot of the internal organs from an ancient torn stuffed animal that ds adopted when we went to the in laws for pesach.
Rolling Laughter
I hope you gave it the proper kaved hameis & brought it to kevura shel ha'chayus

giselle

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:28 pm
My house is so boring. All I swept was dirt 🤷🏼‍♀️

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:29 pm
Cheerios and more Cheerios.

I sweep a couple of times a day so there isn’t really an opportunity to find random stuff.

soap suds

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 8:33 pm
Ponytail holders - they're all over the place!!
batteries
empty water bottle
spool of thread
a pretty napkin, which DD collected and traded and has now gone out of style and is left to wallow in the dust Sad
numerous pairs of shoes - Just wait for tomorrow morning's choir of "Mooooommy I can't find my shoooooes! I DID put them away last night. Yes, I'm sure I did. Why would you think otherwise?"
pencil shavings
pajama pants
Dolly's little pillow
dice
broken whistle which DS got in cheder today and was immediately stepped on (accidentally) by older DS. I'm looking around for the puddle of tears that brought, but can't seem to find it. I do still hear the echos of that meltdown ringing in my ears.

I could fill up a whole book with the weird stuff that lands on my floors.

rising hero

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:35 pm
What might be random and weird for you is totally normal in my house. Shoes, socks, laundry, cups, odds and ends of toys, safety pins etc. My boys are the pros!!

amother
Floralwhite

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 6:35 am
Sweep??? Rolling Laughter
I hate sweeping. I think it's my worst household chore. I do have a cleaning lady, but she didn't come today, so I have to sweep Punch .
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry