Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
What would you answer to an anti vaxxer who...
Previous  1  2

123Smile

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 8:43 am
skee wrote:
It was not 100% clear in the article, but it seems to be saying that they are investigating it BEFORE actually using those cells in vaccines to make sure they are safe. The article is describing new methods they developed to help them accurately evaluate the safety.

This is also what I understood. It’s not vaccines currently in use it’s just for new ways to make the vaccines. Research

amother
Seafoam

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 10:02 am
mig100 wrote:
I didnt read the whole post- though if its anti-vax "research" I wouldnt answer- I have better things to do.

I loove having intelectual, interesting debates and discussions. I have zero interest in debating and discussing with irrrational people.

if there is anything I've learned from all these threads - its how irrational anti-vaxers are.

anti- vaxers dont bother responding- id rather discuss something more productive.

[b]

Can you change the words "anti-vax research" with "being aware of what I'm injecting my children with" research?

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 10:40 am
I am on several medications. On all of them, the side effects listed include "suicidal thoughts, coma, and sudden death." All of these medications have made me functional and able to enjoy my life. Should I live in fear, and anxiety, and depression instead? If they came up with a vaccine for mental health, I'd take it immediately.

As far as clinical trials, I find this interesting - if aspirin had only been tested on rats, it would never have been allowed on the market. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3872009

Differences in the haemorrhagic toxicity of aspirin between rats and mice.
Takahashi O, Hiraga K.
Abstract
Rats and mice were fed a diet containing aspirin at levels of 0, 0.3, 0.6 and 1.2% for 1 and 4 weeks. Haemorrhagic death and/or haemorrhagic anaemia occurred in rats in a dose-dependent manner. Prothrombin and kaolin-activated partial thromboplastin time indices were also decreased depending on the daily doses. However, no conspicuous haemorrhagic signs were found in mice given aspirin. These results suggest marked differences in haemorrhagic effects of aspirin between rats and mice. From results of supplementary experiments with two metabolites of aspirin, salicylic acid and gentisic acid, and from the fact of close relationship between hepatic concentration of salicylic acid and haemorrhagic effects of aspirin, it is inferred that salicylic acid may be a precursor for the active metabolite(s) to cause haemorrhage. The mechanism of species differences of aspirin is discussed.

This shows that animal models in clinical trials don't give you the whole picture. At some point, people are going to have to be willing to enter clinical trials. IMHO, they are real heroes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics