Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lunch and supper ideas inside Disney parks in the summer

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:40 pm
Hi!
I am going to be going with my family to a few Disney parks in the summer and looking for lunch and supper ideas on these days. My kids are picky eaters so they won't eat the frozen meals they sell in the parks. I want food that will give them energy to walk around the park the whole day.
I did this once before with only two of my kids and we had rice cakes with peanut butter for lunch and bought the meals for supper but this time I will have my younger kids and toddler and want them to enjoy the parks-please give me ideas!!!

singleagain

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:47 pm
Florida or California?

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 12:50 pm
florida

ra_mom

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 1:48 pm
For lunch you can make sandwiches of tuna, sliced egg, cheese, etc. Veggie sticks in individual ziplocs. Apple sauce pouches.

Freeze yogurts and they will thaw by the time the kids want to snack on them. Individual cheese sticks or slices. Granola bars, dried fruit or stretch island fruit leather, chocolate, pretzels and other munchables.

Dinner can be frozen pastrami, turkey, salami sandwiches that will keep until then. Corn salad in individual containers. Whole washed grapes in containers.

amother
Babyblue

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 2:26 pm
Whatever you pack, use a good cooler filled with ice. I don't know if you understand just how hot it is to stand out there all day. If you keep CY and can't buy ice creams there, consider packing some, or some popsicles, in the ice. It is miserable out! And make your kids drink a lot. More than you think they should. It is too easy to get dehydrated.

flowerpower

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 4:04 pm
Peanut butter and bread
Frozen apple sauce cups- by the time theyll eat it itll be defrosted
Squeezable pouches of yogurts and apple sauce( same- itll defrost by the time you eat it)
Small individual cups of cream cheese with bread
Protien bars
Granola bars

amother
Taupe

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 6:25 pm
Don’t know if this would work for you.
When we would go, I would make a freezer crockpot meal.
Defrost the night before, pour into crockpot in the morning, when we got back we had a full meal ready.
Or-
Take a long a portable grill and make hotdogs and hamburgers with mezonot rolls.
Schnitzel is another idea if your kids will eat it at room temp.
Ramen noodles soaked in hot water from the coffee maker. Every room has a coffee maker.
If you 3x wrap it in Saran Wrap, you can mix it with shredded cheese and put it in the microwave, many rooms have a microwave.

You can get a cheap crockpot or portable grill at any Walmart, opened 24 hrs. Then call the Chabad Rabbi about dipping it in the Mikvah.

As far as day- in the Park it self
1. We ate a “big” breakfast.
Hard boil eggs, slice cheese, mezonot bread, cereal and milk, fresh fruit, salad, etc.
Publix brand classic salad and coleslaw are KOsher

2. For lunch we would pack sandwiches parve or dairy, frozen yogurts, pretzels, chips, and other snacks.
We rented a locker we started from the back (magic kingdom) and worked out way to the front. Stopped for lunch, and then did the other 1/2.

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 6:06 am
France? HK?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics