Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Places in Lakewood for 2nd hand car

amother
OP

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 2:21 pm
looking for places to buy 2nd hand car, but not crazy expensive!
any suggestions would be appreciated!

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, May 10 2019, 3:06 pm
Lakewood Auto has a very good reputation. I bought from them and was happy.

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 7:08 pm
We bought a car from Lakewood auto sales and a minivan from priority auto mall. We are very happy with both purchases Bh and both places were super nice and helpful, a pleasure to deal with.

amother
Silver

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 7:09 pm
Yehuda schechter. Not sure if store name - it’s cover of masa I Mayan I think . It’s the one on rt 9 between central and main st.
Was originally recommended to go to him by a lakewood Dayan/rav who said he has reputation as honest.

amother
Khaki

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 7:54 pm
If you are looking for something under 10k you can try Srulis, the bulletin board in Yeshiva and the BP classifieds.

There is also a car shadchan

esther36

Post Sat, May 11 2019, 8:20 pm
I can pm you someone who's very honest and sells cars from private ppl not auctions. He advertises on yeshiva bulletin boards....

ruchelbuckle

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:39 pm
I live 200 miles away from Lakewood and I also bought from Lakewood Auto. I was very happy with the service I received. We did everything on the phone... they even would have shipped it to us, but in the end, I needed to be in the Tri-State area anyway so we ended up picking it up.

After purchase, we noticed a non-mechanical issue that had been overlooked. They told us to have it fixed locally and send them the bill.

(In the end it was a non-issue because our local person fixed it for just the cost of the $7 part, so we weren't going to bother billing them for that amount.....)

I found that at Lakewood Auto (I'm sure it's like this at the other places as well)-- things go FAST. The woman was on the phone telling me about a certain van that had just come in. I got off the phone with her, called my husband to confirm he was okay with the price/mileage, but by the time I got back to her 15 minutes later.... it was already spoken for. So be prepared to move fast (they do get in new inventory most days though).

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:56 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Yehuda schechter. Not sure if store name - it’s cover of masa I Mayan I think . It’s the one on rt 9 between central and main st.
Was originally recommended to go to him by a lakewood Dayan/rav who said he has reputation as honest.

He's auto discounters.

Chayalle

Post Wed, May 15 2019, 6:44 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:

Know them personally and know people who bought cars from him and were happy. Agree!

I have also done well buying cars directly from people selling. It's a more cumbersome process, but people post in Yeshiva that they are selling, you check the car out at a mechanic (we did Ventus), etc...have bought 2 cars this way at significant savings (no middle-man) and did well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics