Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What drink do you give after going off formula at a year
Previous  1  2  3

Tzutzie

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 12:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where does lazy parenting come in here? I"m trying my best to feed my baby properly! I wouldn't have this post up if not.

Interesting you mention about the milk- I'm a bit concerned about that. I am going to start him on whole milk soon. How will I know if he's okay on it? Like how did you know the milk specifically caused the runny noses?

Sorry I wasn't clear. Lazy parenting isn't just about toddler formula.

I'm pretty sure a lazy parent wouldn't come on here to post and ask for suggestions!

My kids always had runny noses.
One of them had speech therapy and the therapist noted that my kid has a cold 12 months out of the year..... so I decided to rule out the most common culprit first and see what happens. Seems like it was the dairy cuz just as I stopped dairy, took exactly 2 weeks and their noses and chest were clear.
A little dairy and they had the sniffles in no time.... it would get so bad it gave them stuffed sinuses and headaches missing school.... trouble sleeping....
Honestly, I've never met someone who had it so bad as my kids though. So don't get too worried.
Now we do hard cheeses for a while already.
Yogurt leben (I hate it for other reasons too.) and milk was the worst.

I introduced cottage cheese and other cheeses the last few weeks/months. And on pesach they had yogurt and milk.
One kid isn't great with milk and yogurt yet. But for pesach it was ok.
We're down to milk/yogurt once a week.

studying_torah

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 1:36 pm
Oof about the lazy parenting thing.
I also try very hard to get my little one to eat but it turns into a war & frankly I do not want to set her up for eating issues chas veshalom.
This works well as she is motivated to finish her supper (a pulka or whatever) but will also get the nutrients she's missing.
I actually took her off the pediasure for a bit & she really needed to go back on - per the doctor. That's not lazy in my book....

Ruchel

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 6:17 am
Milk at 6 months. Though for now I still do breast and formula
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics