Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
S/o What "luxury" do you wish you had?
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:08 am
I didn't post on the other thread, but I think I can live without most luxuries that I have. Like I told my sister, it's good that I don't mind making things from scratch because moving here would have been very difficult with cooking. Now they have a lot more anyway. Things that others call luxuries, I call necessities, like someone wrote running water and a washing machine.

This is what luxury do you wish you had? Since most people wrote a cleaning lady is their favorite luxury, that would probably be the number one answer. I'm also writing this because my back and most of my muscles are killing me so I would say a masseuse at my beck and call!! Very Happy

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:09 am
A boat

icebreaker

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:11 am
A personal assistant.

zaq

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:16 am
A second bathroom and a Pesach kitchen, in that order. Cleaning help, not so much. I value my privacy.

aricelli

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:18 am
Huge beautiful property with lots of grass, trees and flowers and privacy

SuperWify

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:18 am
A mother’s helper - or better yet a nanny, ok let’s also throw in a cook.

A massage every week.

An art studio in my house.

A house! A real home to call our own (Not a small basement rental ☹️) which I can decorate and furnish without a thought to our budget.

amother
Lavender

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:20 am
Cleaning lady - I work full time. I did the math. It would add up alot and I can't afford it. Cleaning help after work is also very hard to find.

Second car- DH, I and a teen share one car. This causes lots of Shalom bayis problems. ( I'm waiting for DH to return the car now. He is running really late)

Bigger house- my kids that are the same gender, but a decade apart share a bedroom. It's not working out

Two showers. We have 1 1/2 bathrooms. We need more.

A nanny - to take my youngest off the bus so that I'm not running home from work. It would be amazing to have time to shop and run errands on way home from work

A husband that helps is the ultimate luxury I wish I had. Mine comes home from works, eats dinner and relaxes all evening. He doesn't even take my teens out to maariv. I do it all. Grocery runs, maariv, target at 10 pm, laundry.....

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:20 am
A full time housekeeper (or any cleaning help...)
A house big enough for my family
A minivan

Those are the big ones Smile

amother
Sapphire

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:22 am
Housekeeper
Huge, tree lined backyard
Unlimited funds and off-days for vacations
Babysitter at 6:30 am so I can take a walk outside and Daven
A few more wigs
Garage or car port
A girl can dream Smile

I am very happy with what I have but you asked the question...

Sleek

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:22 am
Ready food of my choice, always!

teachkids

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:23 am
Cleaning help
A dishwasher (really would love 2)

Iymnok

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:25 am
A driver’s license.

The built-in closets I’m dreaming of.

Cleaning help that I don’t need to train.

Clarity

amother
Seafoam

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:26 am
A house! Our cute little shoebox apartment is getting tighter by the day.

Cleaning help, just 1 hour a week (see above for apartment size Wink)

Takeout. We could probably stretch to afford it but I'd feel so guilty that we never do. But I wish we could freely eat yummy food that I didn't cook.

A summer maternity wardrobe. I'll be in my ninth month in August and I'm downright terrified. Between the heat, humidity and active toddler, I need a serious collection of single layer tops but I think I'll only be able to afford 2-3 purchases.

Israeli_C

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:29 am
Cleaning lady. And while we're wishing, I'd want a cleaning lady who is legally residing in the country with perfect English and who is young and skinny enough to get the job done well but ugly enough that she wouldn't be a distraction to DH Tongue Out (tongue in cheek, calm down!)

Dishwasher. And while we're dreaming, I'll even take two!

A smartphone. My kids keep breaking mine so I gave up trying to have something fancy and expensive.

Yearly flights 'home'. My family have been badgering me for years to come visit them.

A night nurse. Two! One for each twin. I want to remember how it felt to sleep through the night.

A new sheital. Ultra lightweight and big enough to fit my long hair and fat head Tongue Out

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:41 am
Not having to work
A second sheitel
A personal shopper (I hate shopping and am bad at choosing clothing)
A house we own that is bigger than the apartment we rent
I'd say cleaning help and takeout, but if I didn't work I think I wouldn't need those as much as I wish I had them now.

Wife1

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:42 am
I would love a chauffeur (I don't drive)
A live out so I won't have to do a stitch of housework
Unlimited funds so I can buy what I want when I want without thinking a hundred times

Simple1

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:48 am
Vacation vacation vacation!

Seashell

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:49 am
A house keeper, every day, who can clean, organize, help cook & occasionally babysit!

Enough money to get everything we need & many things we want, but not too much that we become rich & spoiled.

A bigger house, new condition, with beautiful furniture & a huge yard full of trees, flowers, and lots of space to run around!

This is fun Very Happy

aricelli

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:55 am
Unlimited funds for a beautiful not-for-profit organization that I am dreaming of starting...

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 11:12 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
A house! Our cute little shoebox apartment is getting tighter by the day.

Cleaning help, just 1 hour a week (see above for apartment size Wink)

Takeout. We could probably stretch to afford it but I'd feel so guilty that we never do. But I wish we could freely eat yummy food that I didn't cook.

A summer maternity wardrobe. I'll be in my ninth month in August and I'm downright terrified. Between the heat, humidity and active toddler, I need a serious collection of single layer tops but I think I'll only be able to afford 2-3 purchases.

in terms of the maternity clothes, I got a cheap wardrobe by buying tunics from zulily. Check it out.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics