Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti-Vaxx - Rabbi Approved (!!!!)
Previous  1  2

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 2:56 pm
Being a rabbi just means he studied and passed the test. It doesn't mean he is educated, smart or a good person. Anyone can become a rabbi, it's really not a big deal.

ectomorph

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 3:28 pm
She could have totally made it up. Unless she produces written proof or a recording I wouldn't believe it.

southernbubby

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 3:37 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Being a rabbi just means he studied and passed the test. It doesn't mean he is educated, smart or a good person. Anyone can become a rabbi, it's really not a big deal.

Probably anyone could call himself a Rabbi, even if he never took a test or was never even Jewish.
That cult in Guatemala, Lev Tahor, was led by a zealous BT and I am not sure what type of smicha he had but it was worthless in my opinion

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:29 am
ectomorph wrote:
She could have totally made it up. Unless she produces written proof or a recording I wouldn't believe it.

Apparently he's very vocal in his opinions about 'natural healing'. I haven't read his books, so I can't say first hand.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:54 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Apparently he's very vocal in his opinions about 'natural healing'. I haven't read his books, so I can't say first hand.

How is "natural healing" defined? And how did it ever become a Jewish value? Isn't the preferred method that which can be shown to promote the best results? Don't rabbis in general believe in going according to medical consensus? How did we ever become the crazy people, bunched together with scientologists and Christian Scientists and Waldorf followers?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 2:01 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
How is "natural healing" defined? And how did it ever become a Jewish value? Isn't the preferred method that which can be shown to promote the best results? Don't rabbis in general believe in going according to medical consensus? How did we ever become the crazy people, bunched together with scientologists and Christian Scientists and Waldorf followers?

It's a chassidut which places particular emphasis on the kabbalah of 'briyut ha'guf v'ha'nefesh' and from what she explained, for a healthy body and soul one needs to have minimal 'unnatural' interference.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics