Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Who is today's gadol hador? who see women for brachos
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 11:05 pm
Who is today's gadol hador in the US and out of the US, that you can go to for a bracha, that sees both women and not just men? Is it different in the chassidish and litvish world?

gigi3

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 11:16 pm
In America, Reb Dovid Feinstein

ectomorph

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 11:46 pm
gigi3 wrote:
In America, Reb Dovid Feinstein

Plus the Novominsker, Rav Aharon and Rebbetzin Lea Feldman, R Aaron Schechter.
These are gedolim in America but I don't know if they see women, whatever that means. They have office hours and gabbaim and people connected to them...

forgetit

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:12 am
I think alot of ppl go to the Skvere Rebbe and he takes both men and women. I don't know any details about this or how to go about arranging, I just remember hearing about this from others. Skver often invites groups from Manhattan girls school for Shabbos and they are then given the opportunity to go into the rebbe for an audience.
IN EY, R' Chaim Kanievsky is a go too gadol.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:20 am
forgetit wrote:
I think alot of ppl go to the Skvere Rebbe and he takes both men and women. I don't know any details about this or how to go about arranging, I just remember hearing about this from others. Skver often invites groups from Manhattan girls school for Shabbos and they are then given the opportunity to go into the rebbe for an audience.
IN EY, R' Chaim Kanievsky is a go too gadol.

In Israel in Litvish circles, Reb Chaim Kanievsky is not only Gdol HaDor but also Sar HaTorah. To the best of my knowledge, nobody but Reb Chaim Kanievsky bears that title.

amother
Puce

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:43 am
The Skvere Rebbi is a Gadol Hador, with 10,000's of chasidim worldwide, accepts woman as well. Many have seen tremendous yeshuas after visiting. Call the Gabbai: 845 354 6176. May you be blessed with all you wish for yourself.

Rappel

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 7:26 am
Rav Shmuel Eliyahu

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 8:11 am
Also the Rachmistrifke Rebbe in NY, but I don't know if he sees women...

doctorima

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 10:21 am
Surprised that nobody has mentioned Rav Shmuel Kamenetzky (Philadelphia) yet. I would definitely include him in a list of the Gedolei Hador, and he definitely sees both men and women.

Ema of 5

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 10:28 am
Rav Shimon Galai (I think that’s who it is- he eats a lot of honey, speaks in Yiddish) sees men and women.
I think it’s hard to pinpoint a gadol hador in this day and age, where there are so many different trains of thought in Judaism. I would never even think to go to some of the people mentioned here, because they are not of the same train of thought as I am. There are numerous people who are talmidei chachamim and gedolim b’torah, but I really can’t say who is a gadol hador.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 10:33 am
Ema of 4 wrote:
Rav Shimon Galai (I think that’s who it is- he eats a lot of honey, speaks in Yiddish) sees men and women.
I think it’s hard to pinpoint a gadol hador in this day and age, where there are so many different trains of thought in Judaism. I would never even think to go to some of the people mentioned here, because they are not of the same train of thought as I am. There are numerous people who are talmidei chachamim and gedolim b’torah, but I really can’t say who is a gadol hador.

A gadol hador can be from any sect of Judaism. Rav Kook, Rav Ovadiah Yosef, the Lubavitcher Rebbe, the Same Rebbe, and Rav Elyashiv were all called Gedolei Hador. Just because YOU wouldn't go see one of them for direction in your personal life, does not mean they weren't all the "Great Leaders of the Generation."

honeymoon

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:02 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Also the Rachmistrifke Rebbe in NY, but I don't know if he sees women...

He does. I have been to him in the past.

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:05 am
R' Shmuel Kaminetsky. R' Dovid Feinstein. R' Elya Brudny.

Learning

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:10 am
Rav adelshtein from ponovitz?
I think there is nobody really since harav shteinman was niftar

Chayalle

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:36 am
Learning wrote:
Rav adelshtein from ponovitz?
I think there is nobody really since harav shteinman was niftar

We are never left without leaders. We learn this from the fact that Hashem appointed Yehoshua before Moshe Rabeinu passed away.

V'Zarach hashemesh ubah hashemesh.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:58 am
Chayalle wrote:
We are never left without leaders. We learn this from the fact that Hashem appointed Yehoshua before Moshe Rabeinu passed away.

V'Zarach hashemesh ubah hashemesh.

Exactly, and how can we even think we have no leader with Rav Chaim Kanievsky living among us?

imasoftov

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 12:28 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
In Israel in Litvish circles, Reb Chaim Kanievsky is not only Gdol HaDor but also Sar HaTorah. To the best of my knowledge, nobody but Reb Chaim Kanievsky bears that title.

I've seen the term "Sar Hatorah" in Hebrew articles (those from within the community) but haven't seen it used elsewhere. I'm curious about the history of the term, when was it first used, who else has been given this title, and how does it differ from "gadol hador"? I found some 19th century meforshim who refered to Moshe Rabbenu as Sar Hatorah although from them I also don't understand what additional thing it says about Moshe to call him Sar Hatorah as opposed to Gadol Hador.

Shuly

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 4:18 pm
I always thought Rav Chaim was called Sar Hatorah because he makes a siyum on Kol Hatorah Kula - the entire Torah, every year.

He does not see women, but his daughter, Rebetzin Koledetsky, does and she gives him names.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:02 pm
R’ Chaim Kanievsky- e”y

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 5:23 pm
Reb Meilich Biderman from EY

I personally know a few people that saw yeshuos from his brochos
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics