Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
No more Payless - what now?
Previous  1  2

cnc

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 8:06 am
soap suds wrote:
I've been buying kids sneakers at Old Navy for the past few years. Also under $15. Quality was mostly very good. Most of them survived the summer and then some.

Same here . Wait for a coupon code

yo'ma

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 9:51 am
When did this happen???

I personally can't buy shoes online. I have to try them on and walk in them a bit.

fraimal

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:50 am
I'm devastated that they Are closing because I'm a 12 WIDE and Payless is a lifesaver! Cheap comfy shoes that actually fit 😭😭😭😭😭

fortunate123

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:47 pm
Zulily
Nordstrom rack
6pm.com

ra_mom

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 9:56 pm
yo'ma wrote:
When did this happen???

I personally can't buy shoes online. I have to try them on and walk in them a bit.

They announced in February. Employees for more than 2,000 stores out of jobs? Surprised

srbmom

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:12 pm
Seconding Target. Almost all my own shoes are from there.
My kids can't wear their shoes though - they have crazy narrow feet and I find their shoes to run wide and no half sizes, but they do have really cute styles.

Mommyg8

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 10:22 pm
reality mom wrote:
MARSHALLS! DSW is not cheap.
And primark.

I just got my DD really cute shoes in DSW - they were half off so I paid $15 (I know, I had mazal). Shabbos shoes so far I bought on Amazon. My sister said she did well in Wal-Mart.

Following this thread for more ideas...

seeker

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 1:32 am
I can't handle shoe shopping online, it's just not worth the time spent sifting through all the products and then returning them all when they inevitably don't fit.

Marshall's is way too hit-or-miss.

I've never found real shoes for kids that work in DSW but they do have more sneakers so maybe we'll get lucky for the summer. But most locations don't have kids' shoes anyway.

Stores that aren't specifically shoe stores, like H&M and the others, I have never found their shoes to have any quality at all. I want shoes to support my feet, not my fashion image.

I had some luck at Walmart in the past, only for sneakers, but again it's an time-sucking internet gamble because there is no Walmart near me (I think NYC may be the only place in the US missing a Walmart?!)

I'm going to try Target, at least their returns are free and their selection is more limited (hence less time-sucking) than Amazon.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 7:52 am
fraimal wrote:
I'm devastated that they Are closing because I'm a 12 WIDE and Payless is a lifesaver! Cheap comfy shoes that actually fit 😭😭😭😭😭

And I'm a 13 and was overjoyed years ago when I discovered I can finally find cute shoes in my size. I would buy shoes and boots in different styles and colors every six months. I was never able to do that before.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains