Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Bra fitting for a young teen

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:20 pm
Please recommend a place for a 13 year old for a bra fitting. Are there any places that specialize in teens and making them feel comfortable. She is probably around a c cup and I find most places being extremely insensitive. Like she’s only 12?

Nyc

amother
Jade

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:26 pm
I recently took my preteen to Secret Me on Central Ave. in the 5 Towns and I was happy with how sensitive they were. It's still and awkward experience, but I promised my daughter a treat afterwards so she wasn't unhappy with the afternoon. And she likes her new bras.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 1:38 pm
I also need to find a good place to take my 12 year old. She's definitely past the sports bra stage. Looking in Northern NJ though. A typical frummy place ain't gonna hack it with this one. Good luck!

amother
Red

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 2:09 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I also need to find a good place to take my 12 year old. She's definitely past the sports bra stage. Looking in Northern NJ though. A typical frummy place ain't gonna hack it with this one. Good luck!

Try nordstroms

amother
Blue

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 2:17 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Try nordstroms

I did. Unfortunately, not a great selection, and very not helpful.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 4:29 pm
If you are looking for the non-frum stores, most Victoria’s Secret and Pink (same brand, different clientele) offer free bra fittings. Pink is cheaper if you are planning to buy.

amother
Red

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 4:36 pm
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
I did. Unfortunately, not a great selection, and very not helpful.

I always have an amazing experience there.

Unless your daughter is hard to fit, between Victoria's Secret and Nordstrom you should come up with something.

My daughter is impossible to fit off the racks.

You could take a tape measure yourself to figure out her size.

amother
Navy

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 6:13 pm
OP, unless I misread, you didn't specify where you are located.

I mentioned this in a previous post- Inspirations Lingerie on Kings Highway between East 7th and East 8th in Flatbush is great. Ask for Rose. She's so comfortable and natural and doesn't make you feel awkward. My younger sister, who was also a C-cup at age 12, went and was very happy.

Last edited by amother on Tue, Jul 09 2019, 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 6:24 pm
smileforamile wrote:
OP, unless I misread, you didn't specify where you are located.

I mentioned this in a previous post- Inspirations Lingerie on Kings Highway between East 7th and East 8th in Flatbush is great. Ask for Rose. She's so comfortable and natural and doesn't make you feel awkward. My younger sister, who was also a C-cup at age 12, went and was very happy.

New York
Thank you!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 6:31 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
I always have an amazing experience there.

Unless your daughter is hard to fit, between Victoria's Secret and Nordstrom you should come up with something.

My daughter is impossible to fit off the racks.

You could take a tape measure yourself to figure out her size.

I brought my daughter to Nordstrom, and my experience was awful. Almost impossible to find someone to help. Never came to fit her. Sent me to the children's department because "we don't have training bras". Children's department shipped me back to lingerie. Finally someone picked out a few items and sent us into a dressing room to try on various sizes (no one measured her). They were ugly and plain. I had to fit my daughter myself, noone helped. The fit was awful, and painful, and there were no alternatives. And noone to talk to about it. All in all, a horrible experience.

Thankfully, I found a Justice store nearby in the mall. They had a lovely selection of training bras and a very kind saleswoman. So we were able to salvage our trip to buy bras. But it really was a terrible experience in Nordstrom's

amother
Mint

Post Sun, May 12 2019, 7:15 pm
justice fits you?- good to know. my 8 year old really needs to wear something and I'm having a hard time. ended up buying her a camisole/ training bra thing that we had taken out because it was too tight. thank G-d for our seamstress!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 6:08 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
justice fits you?- good to know. my 8 year old really needs to wear something and I'm having a hard time. ended up buying her a camisole/ training bra thing that we had taken out because it was too tight. thank G-d for our seamstress!

They don't do fittings, but they have a wide selection of teen/training bras in all band sizes in many cute and pretty designs. And the salesgirl helped us select a bunch to try, which we did in the fitting room, on our own. My daughter was looking for comfort, so she was able to tell me what felt the most comfortable. My daughter left feeling very good about the experience, which was the main thing, and she is happy and comfortable wearing the bras
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics