Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Measles Anxiety

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:03 am
I have such anxiety about measles, even though myself DH and all of our kids have been vaccinated with two doses and DH and I had our titers checked within the last few years and they came back positive for immunity BH.

Whenever someone coughs or now with season allergy season and ppl can have watery eyes. I dont have anxiety in general but it's really getting to me now - please help give me some tips to calm myself.

southernbubby

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:21 am
I had the same thing so I ignored the advice of three health departments to consider myself immune and got tested and vaccinated.

Now I feel like I can live my life and am not a danger to myself or others. I have done all I can to try and stay healthy.

blessedjmom

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:24 am
Kids are up to date here, DH and I haven't had our titers checked but were both immunized as well, so we most likely are covered.
My baby is too young to get the mmr, and Dr said that as of now it's quiet in Jerusalem. So no need to stay locked up at home.

I do worry a bit as well-known because my baby is so small, but we try our best. We all take our Multi and C vitamins. Eat healthy. Wash hands. And hope and pray for the best.

Seems like you took the necessary precautions.

Wishing everyone a healthy season amd healthy year.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 9:27 am
SB, OP got herself and her husband tested. They are fine.

OP, as a fellow worrier, I totally understand the impulse to worry. But in this case, I think you're as safe as you can be. If your titers were tested and you're fine, your body will fight off the measles even if you are exposed to it.

Even I, A+ worrier that I am, stopped worrying (for myself) after I got a booster MMR. (I'm still waiting to get my frail, elderly mother to the doctor to get her titers checked, so I worry about her. But she doesn't go anywhere, and everyone around her is immune.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics