Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Great Lakewood kid's dentist with hours Sun and/or evenings?

Notsobusy

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 11:29 am
I'm looking for a new dentist for my kids, really not thrilled with the dentist we've been using. The only reason why I'm still there is because they have Sunday appointments and I work full time. Is there anyone local who's really good, takes Jersey Care and is open Sunday and/or evenings?

groisamomma

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 12:16 pm
We used Dr. Brett for years. He is patient, gentle, and entertaining. He's in Lakewood Family Dental on River Avenue. We aren't on JerseyCare but I'm almost positive they take it. My kids were sad to leave but we switched insurance and they outgrew the practice. I also worked full time so I remember their hours were accommodating of my schedule.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 1:09 pm
Thanks, I used Lakewood Family Dental for a short time and we had a really bad experience. People told me it matters which dentist you use, but I don't think I can go back there for any dentist.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 1:19 pm
For the reasons you mentioned it would make most sense to use a good dentist at Chemed.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 2:11 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
For the reasons you mentioned it would make most sense to use a good dentist at Chemed.

I didn't know they are open Sundays and evenings. Are all their dentists good, or do I have to do research to find out who to use?

amother
Rose

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 2:53 pm
Notsobusy wrote:
I didn't know they are open Sundays and evenings. Are all their dentists good, or do I have to do research to find out who to use?

Yes, open on Sunday and evening.
Most dentists there are good. Some of my kids like one dentist over another. I think it’s a personality thing.

Make some appointments (if you can) and meet the dentists to choose who you like.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 3:25 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Yes, open on Sunday and evening.
Most dentists there are good. Some of my kids like one dentist over another. I think it’s a personality thing.

Make some appointments (if you can) and meet the dentists to choose who you like.

I would not recommend chemed.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, May 05 2019, 6:50 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:

Can you tell me why not? Do you have any other recommendations?

Thanks

amother
Rose

Post Mon, May 06 2019, 12:52 am

There are so many dentists there. I don’t think it’s possible to have a bad experience with all of them! It’s a busy practice. People are satisfied and keep coming.

groisamomma

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 11:10 pm

Same. We used them when my kids outgrew Dr. Brett.

Awful. It's a dental factory. Nobody has patience and it looks like the employees wish to be anywhere but at work. One hygienist or nurse or whatever idiot employee sharply rebuked dd that "a primary girl doesn't scream at the dentist anymore." Really?! She was 5.

Anyway, we left when Dr. Krug told us some wacky things he's seen on patients that came to him after Chemed. We couldn't leave them fast enough after that.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 11:27 pm
We are thrilled at Jackson Pediatrics - I don't know their secret but my kids LOVE going to the dentist and I barely hear a whimper while they're on that chair (toddlers and young kids who know how to cry.)

I don't know if they can accommodate your schedule - but it's worth a call.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 11:37 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
We are thrilled at Jackson Pediatrics - I don't know their secret but my kids LOVE going to the dentist and I barely hear a whimper while they're on that chair (toddlers and young kids who know how to cry.)

I don't know if they can accommodate your schedule - but it's worth a call.

They are not taking new patients now.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 13 2019, 11:07 am
Notsobusy wrote:
Chemed has some great dentists but they are there infrequently and at inconvenient times. DH had an awful experience with one of their regular dentists.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics